View Single Post
Unread 07/09/2007, 10:36 PM   #73
Peter Eichler
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wayne in norway
I'm surprised to see C. heraldi on the list, and to some extent C. bicolor as I have kept both and found them not especially demanding. MAybe the ones that go to the US take more of a beating, and I think the US also prefers larger fish that are harder to get feeding.

Paracentropyge multifasciata is trickier. There re several peole in the UK who have kept them for a long time, and of course Frank Baensch was selling captive spawned/raised examples
That are two fish that are regulalrly collected using drugs. That is the bulk of their problems. If you can obtain a fish that were net collected your success rates will be much greater. The problem is at the LFS they usually have no clue where the fish was collected from. With the Bicolor Angel a higher price than usual can indicate that the chances of it being net collected are much greater. Improper collection practices are common with many dwarf angels, these are just the two that seem to be most commonly collected using drugs.

Here's what Frank has to say about the Multibarred Angel.

"In the aquarium this species has a reputation for being timid and difficult to acclimate. In fact, our broodstock animals could not be coaxed to properly accept aquarium foods for six weeks. Sadly, most collected multibarred angels survive only a few weeks in captivity. We were excited to find that our captive-bred multibarred juveniles eagerly accepted aquarium foods and that shy behavior often found in collected adults was absent."

I look forward to the day that tank raised specimens are more widely available at a decent price. Sadly, unless I heard wrong, the captive breeding of Angels by RCT is at least on hold for a while.

Peter Eichler is offline   Reply With Quote