Thread: Bubble Tower
View Single Post
Unread 02/24/2007, 01:24 AM   #21
Keelay
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilBoy
ok sorta makes sense... would just a regluar T fitting placed upside down work for a break?
It would be better than nothing. It will shoot two streams horizontally rather than one down. I think you're going to get some directed flows from the dispersement pattern when each of the two flows hit the side walls. I think that's why the previous poster suggested adding the two 45s (90s might work too). The swirling effect you create wouldn't "hit" anything. It might not make any difference. You could try it and mod it later if you need to.

Quote:

how did you make your connections go from the 1" up to your 4"
This would be easier to show, but it's not too bad. I used 4" PVC for the bubble tower. I used a 4"PVC cap for the top of the tower. I drilled a hole in the 4" cap using a hole saw slight smaller than 1" MPT (Male pipe thread).

I used a 1" MPT to 1" Female Slip adapter. I used a heat gun to soften the edges of the hole i just drilled in the cap. I then screwed the adapter threads into the hole. The threads sink into the soft PVC and will form to the male threaded adapter. PVC will harden again after it cools.

I then drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the top of the cap for an air vent

There are other ways to do this. You could drill a hold for a bulkhead .

Current Tank Info: 100G Custom Acrylic, 40 Gallon Sump, DIY Gravity Assisted Protien Skimmer, ATO, 2x175W MH + 1x96W VHO Actinic
Keelay is offline   Reply With Quote