View Single Post
Unread 03/27/2020, 05:46 AM   #9
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionas View Post
Question about the Flame Angel. I heard specimens collected from certain places do a lot better than those from other places. Also heard they need more of an established system than the Coral Beauty and some other species or they’ll perish?

P.S. Question about Centropyge in general. Many people say they practically need a well-established system with sufficient algae growth and copepods. Have you found that to be true? In the absence of a lot of algae for them to graze on in a new system, can I temporarily supplement that with a commercial food that contains algae / plankton or even feed them veggies? (But pesticides though)
I know you live in China.
China is not the US, but if you have pesticides in your food, you got a whole lot more problems than just the fish tank and the fish.
I believe in a natural system, one seeded with a lot of fauna and flora. This really keep the system stable. If you set up a new tank with nothing more than dead dry rock, and depends on the bacterial for cycle, nothing will do really well for a long time. You need to you really need to use largely live rock, or at least seeded the tank with real, good live rock and live sand.
These artificial rock, or mine rock (even if they were really reef millions of years ago) are not anywhere near as good as true live rock. The differences is in the porosity of the rock, which terrestrial source rock, or manufacture rock does not have.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote