View Single Post
Unread 12/03/2015, 03:27 PM   #21
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsage View Post
thanks for sharing. I'm also having trouble with red sea mag. test...it comes back low. i use natural sea water in my tank so i use that(just collected) for reference on all my testing...i find API to be accurate enough for my tank..to bad they don't make a mag. test.
I've always found API to be more then accurate and consistent for me except for pH and PO4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Nice job, thanks for sharing.
Welcome. I hope it helps and it was very informative for me to go through this exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoni View Post
Well, I am not surprised by the difficulties with the testing. Getting accurate numbers for trace elements is going to be expensive for the time being, I think. AWT seemed to do a rather poor job, which is what I've heard from others. Thanks for the information!
Yeah, I was really hoping since AquaMedic took over AWT and says they upgraded with all new lab equipment they would have been somewhat more accurate. I don't think they were even in the ball park with some of those results which was rather disappointing.

I might look to do another Triton test in a month or two after not dosing anything that I just introduced. They may be worthwhile just out of curiosity once or twice a year.

The Tin reading really threw me off. The zinc I can see coming in with the algae sheets or food I feed but that had a pretty decent drop in levels so I don't know. I've seen 3 other people now having high Tin levels just recently as tested by Triton so I'm not sure if they just had some kind of interference. 2 on this forum including me and 2 on other forums. One person on the other forum actually had multiple readings from Triton over the past year and it was reading 0 tin levels up to just this past weeks reading.

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote