View Single Post
Unread 01/19/2018, 11:26 AM   #3167
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Yes, I have a tank and regulator, I originally bought for a calcium reactor setup. Well, I rent the tank, and replace it every few months with a full one. By the way, calcium reactors are great for planted tanks. You get the calcium that all plants need, especially the calcified ones like halimeda, plus the benefits of CO2 that all plants need.

Rather than the additional complication of setting up a calcium reactor, I chose to run the air line tubing from the regulator to the intake of my canister filter. I run calcium media in the canister filter, so I still get the benefits of calcium dosing, without setting up (and maintaining) an additional gadget.

I have no experience with Flourish Excel or glutaraldehyde. What are YOUR thoughts on them? Could you start by telling me what they are? What do they add to your tank?

I will say I have a preference for additives that are ONE thing, like Iron. But I'm open to suggestions!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote