View Single Post
Unread 12/27/2017, 09:05 AM   #68
Gig 'em
Registered Member

Thanks! The tank hit a snag recently and coral tips were burning and showing filaments. Alk has been stable around 7 for a couple weeks now and I couldn't figure out what else could be causing this. PO4 has been at 0.05-0.06 lately so I added some more GFO, which hasn't reduced PO4 yet. I also noticed that my RO filters have reached 6 months old and the DI resin was starting to change colors in some areas. I swapped out all my RO prefilters and DI resin and have performed several water changes now. I'm pretty sure there's something in my public water here that makes its way through older carbon blocks and really bothers acros. Seems like this happens every time my filters reach that 6 month mark, so I'm pretty convinced now that there's a strong correlation between coral health and RO filter age. Things seem to be getting better now and tips are starting to regrow flesh. [emoji106] Hopefully I'll keep more on top of my filters in the future and change them at 5 months instead of waiting until corals are unhappy!

Gig 'em is offline   Reply With Quote