View Single Post
Unread 08/11/2017, 09:39 PM   #3
Joshsmit56001
Registered Member

My RO/DI unit came in today so I installed it and I am getting just under 60 psi and roughly a 4.5:1 ratio. I found out my local water is crap with a TDS into the membrane of roughly 700 ppm and out of the membrane of 14 ppm TDS. I calculated this out to be about a 98% rejection rate which I’m pretty happy with. I tried adjusting the flow restrictor but when I pulled it out, it looked to be already cut. Trying to see what I can do as I am unable to adjust the ratio as of right now.

So I started adding water tonight and the display tank was leaking down to the sump through the overflow pipe. This pipe was never glued in with the previous owner when he had it setup, but I started thinking about the disaster that could occur if the pipe somehow came out. I do not like the sound of 48 gallons of water on my floor so I stopped filling, ran to town for flue, and glued in the pipes. I’m giving it until tomorrow evening to start adding water again.

I also decided the 10 gallon tank was not big enough for a QT tank and the LFS had tanks at $1.00/gallon so I picked up a 20 gallon, a heater, and a hang on back filter. I think this will be much better for a QT.

My plan is to buy at least one fish and place in my QT while the display tank is cycling. As the display cycles I will at the same time be treating the fish I buy with cupramine for at least 4 weeks to kill any parasites. Hopefully I will keep this up for every fish I buy!

JS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon Reef
Joshsmit56001 is offline   Reply With Quote