Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Saltwaterfish.com
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/22/2012, 02:50 PM   #1
lionbacker54
Registered Member

Good vendor

This is a good vendor. Here is my account of my first interaction with them.

I badly needed a clean up crew refresher. I looked around, and saw some pretty incredible specials with this vendor. Best of all, if you order a reef clean up package, everything ships free! You can combine all sorts of great specials with this. I got a clean up crew for $54, and added a Buy 10, get 10 free turbo special, and 10 peppermints for $20 special. Awesome. Can't beat that anywhere.

The second great thing is their guarantee refund. 5 peppermints and 1 emerald crab arrived dead. I took pictures, and they refunded the attributed amount within 5 days. The cleaner shrimp and another peppermint died the next day, and I am awaiting a refund for store credit. I think what happened is that we had unusually warm weather that day of shipping. Normally, March in Ohio is cold, and the use of a heat pack is reasonable. That week however the weather hit near the 80 deg F, so maybe this was the cause.

Certainly I can't think of any other reasons. The packaging was awesome, the package arrived three hours ahead of time, and the drip acclimation video could not have been clearer. Maybe shrimp are just the most sensitive animals to heat.

Anyways, the animals which made it are awesome. The snails and lawnmower blenny completely eradicated the algae within DAYS. I've never seen anything like it. Can't beat the price, can't beat the quality of the animals, and can't beat the "15 day live" guarantee. Will definitely buy from these guys again.