Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/02/2017, 06:25 AM   #851
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongalt26 View Post
Are you clicking save changes afterwards?
yes. it is still doing it... just odd

scybulski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2017, 07:12 AM   #852
intheshaddow
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
yes. it is still doing it... just odd
Had the same prób. But once I configured all pumps even those not being in use, unchecked beep dose and saved it to memory- it no longer beeps.

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2017, 07:20 AM   #853
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheshaddow View Post
Had the same prób. But once I configured all pumps even those not being in use, unchecked beep dose and saved it to memory- it no longer beeps.

Ok will try that. think i have them all configured however...

Unread 05/02/2017, 07:20 AM   #854
scybulski
Registered Member

when is a new version of the software coming out? this one seems a little buggy

Unread 05/02/2017, 09:29 AM   #855
andrek787
Registered Member

I am happy to report that improved AWC functionality added in the upcoming firmware is working great. I currently have 16 min "waste out" cycle.

I am successfully changing out 20 gallons per day using my custom spectrapure pump system. I actually modified the set up a little and have my controller perform ATO when water level in the sump get too low during "waste out cycle". The refill is done using 3X concentrated saltwater and stops ones level reaches the optical sensor. By I adjust the optical level height based on how salinity changes and how long the refill cycle runs. This also allows me to slowly adjust salinity to the desired level.

The dosing is scheduled right before the AWC cycle starts.

Unread 05/02/2017, 07:16 PM   #856
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrek787 View Post
I am happy to report that improved AWC functionality added in the upcoming firmware is working great. I currently have 16 min "waste out" cycle.

I am successfully changing out 20 gallons per day using my custom spectrapure pump system. I actually modified the set up a little and have my controller perform ATO when water level in the sump get too low during "waste out cycle". The refill is done using 3X concentrated saltwater and stops ones level reaches the optical sensor. By I adjust the optical level height based on how salinity changes and how long the refill cycle runs. This also allows me to slowly adjust salinity to the desired level.

The dosing is scheduled right before the AWC cycle starts.

Nice. Any updates on the other functions along with a new version of the software? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unread 05/03/2017, 04:00 AM   #857
homer1475
Registered Member

Any updates on the android app? I see Prem mentioned he has the beta software on his phone, but nothing after that.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2017, 09:57 AM   #858
andrek787
Registered Member

Quote:
Nice. Any updates on the other functions along with a new version of the software? Thanks

I am still running the 1.6e software on my PC, which works perfectly fine with 1.7a firmware. Did not see any broken functionality in firmware but without new 1.7a software I do not know which features were added.

Unread 05/03/2017, 10:14 AM   #859
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
I am still running the 1.6e software on my PC, which works perfectly fine with 1.7a firmware. Did not see any broken functionality in firmware but without new 1.7a software I do not know which features were added.
odd. my software i just downloaded and installed says 1.6c and firmware 1.6e? Also i do not see the new 1.7a firmware on the site? Maybe I have the wrong location? where are you downloading everything from?

Thank you

Unread 05/03/2017, 10:18 AM   #860
andrek787
Registered Member

1.7a firmware is not officially released yet, it contained a fix for AWC I desperately needed so PacSun were nice enough to give it to me early. I believe 1.7a is designed to support Android App.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Unread 05/08/2017, 07:18 PM   #861
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
1.7a firmware is not officially released yet, it contained a fix for AWC I desperately needed so PacSun were nice enough to give it to me early. I believe 1.7a is designed to support Android App.

Any other fixes? How is it going with the new version?

Unread 05/09/2017, 12:14 PM   #862
andrek787
Registered Member

I can confirm that pump has been working perfectly stable. I managed to swap out 160 gallons of water from my tank.

Unread 05/09/2017, 12:15 PM   #863
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
I can confirm that pump has been working perfectly stable. I managed to swap out 160 gallons of water from my tank.

Send me a copy? ;-)

Unread 05/09/2017, 12:41 PM   #864
andrek787
Registered Member

Quote:
Send me a copy? ;-)

I am not sure if I am supposed to share it. Hopefully Przemek chimes in here. I would email Thomasz and ask for it as Przemek suggested earlier.

Unread 05/10/2017, 11:48 AM   #865
elFloyd
Registered Member

Help Appreciated

I recently picked up this doser in 1st generation. Read through every post in this thread. Using iMAC and have the correct BT dongle. Playing with it all week to get familiar and all is going well. Decided to update firmware before going live. Received the Mac OS app for the firmware.

First time I tried it downloaded about 60k data. Then I got the message the update failed, click Rescue Mode > Update > Reset.

Then it downloaded about 100k data before it failed again. Received same message: click Rescue Mode > Update > Reset. After 110k download... same message.

Repeated the process, now the update seems stuck and I am afraid to touch anything.

Device resetted
firmware update in progress...
Used file - PSunFlash.app (1).zip
Please
wait........................................

Status on device says: Connected, Uploadiing...
Tri-position switch was moved from upper position > reset position > upper position.

Device is setting on my desk inches away from the BT dongle.

Any suggestions? I don't need an expensive brick.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 1.25.48 PM.jpg (50.7 KB, 37 views)
elFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/10/2017, 04:56 PM   #866
elFloyd
Registered Member

After sitting in the above state for hours.... I took a power hit and lost all power to the house for about five minutes. Now the display is all boxes and I have this error message on the iMac: Error: Access violation at address 005AD635, accepting address 0265C3A6.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 6.51.36 PM.jpg (21.5 KB, 36 views)
elFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/10/2017, 11:12 PM   #867
intheshaddow
Registered Member

It's rather unusual situation. Contact PacSun service via e-mail. I'm sure they will be able to help you as they helped me.

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2017, 11:25 AM   #868
scybulski
Registered Member

Would love nice PS bottles for the holder. Esp ones you can see the fluid level.. Tried using water bottles. however due to the bottom structure it stops the mixing pellet. Going to hunt for a glass bottle that has a flat bottom that fits in the holder...

Unread 05/24/2017, 04:49 PM   #869
Jongalt26
Registered Member

Has there been any new announcements for the alk monitor? If i recall it supposed to be released this month.

Jongalt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 10:36 AM   #870
kouma
Registered Member

Quote:
Would love nice PS bottles for the holder. Esp ones you can see the fluid level.. Tried using water bottles. however due to the bottom structure it stops the mixing pellet. Going to hunt for a glass bottle that has a flat bottom that fits in the holder...
I use these lab grade glass ones. I think they are $2/piece. My wife is a researcher so I have access to these as well as tubings

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2629.jpg (39.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2630.jpg (32.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2631.jpg (32.9 KB, 28 views)
Unread 05/29/2017, 10:41 AM   #871
andrek787
Registered Member

What happened to the Android app ???

Unread 05/29/2017, 01:12 PM   #872
akela
Registered Member

Quote:
What happened to the Android app ???

Same as to other promises, it never gets delivered on time . That's one thing I don't like about Pacific Sun - they never make good on their promises.
They have good products, but their promises about new apps or updates are never fulfilled on time, which is shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 02:22 PM   #873
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

We are working on it - as we promised previously we will inform about that when it will be finally ready.. Not earlier - not later. Please be patient.

I see thats my fault that I told anything about software updates and forthcoming apps publicly. Writing apps and debugging them is something more complicated than simply building device/hardware. We will not release something which is not working or is early Beta version.
So I can say sorry - and I can promise that it will never happen again(information about any updates/soft versions).
It will not make any disappointments when anything will be released later than Customers expect.

Regards
Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 03:14 PM   #874
akela
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
We are working on it - as we promised previously we will inform about that when it will be finally ready.. Not earlier - not later. Please be patient.

I see thats my fault that I told anything about software updates and forthcoming apps publicly. Writing apps and debugging them is something more complicated than simply building device/hardware. We will not release something which is not working or is early Beta version.
So I can say sorry - and I can promise that it will never happen again(information about any updates/soft versions).
It will not make any disappointments when anything will be released later than Customers expect.

Regards
Przemek

Yes Przemek, it's better to show the app when you already have it and not tell us that the app will be released let's say this weekend, and two months later your weekend still haven't arrived.
It's better to say that app or software will be released let's say after two months and then you actually release it earlier then promised. Now that would make everyone happy and not the other way around.

Still patiently waiting for the app and wishing you best of luck with your business

akela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 05:16 PM   #875
erik2302
Registered Member

I know this has been asked here, but what voltage do the ATO/AWC pumps run on? I'm looking to replace mine (both the AWC and ATO have died)

I'd like to purchase something a little higher quality than what pacific sun provides (tunze ATO pump is what I have in mind.)

Thanks for the help.

erik2302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
junk trash