Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/07/2017, 08:10 AM   #1
mikeperkins
Registered Member

Good neighbor for rose bulb anemone

I have a rose bulb anemone for my 2 percula clown fish (they never use it) and was wondering if there are good options that I can put next to it that will not have issues with getting stung. Its base is consistent but it does shift around a bit during the day. Right now I am just giving it plenty of space but I do not like all of the exposed rock surrounding it.

thanks

mikeperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2017, 10:15 AM   #2
sde1500
Registered Member

Sounds like you have a good neighbor, rock. Not all the rock in our tank needs to be covered in stuff. It will more than likely sting anything you add next to it, and be stung by many things you add next to it. It should grow bigger to fill the space, and split and fill the space with clones.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548422

Current Tank Info: 65 gallon mixed reef, Eshopps sump and HOB overflow, RO-110int skimmer, Reefbreeder 32" photons V1.
sde1500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2017, 10:40 AM   #3
Uncle99
Registered Member

The sting is strong so at least 6-8 inches of space fully inflated between tank mates.
Wait till he stops moving for at leas a month before adding....

Uncle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2017, 12:22 AM   #4
Kevin Guthrie
Registered Member

For some reason my Heliopora doesn't seem to get stung by anything although I've never seen that mentioned anywhere.

Kevin Guthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2017, 04:49 AM   #5
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

I have lots of RBTA's and some are on or next to some sps corals and I have some green star polyps that are right up along side a rock with 10+ RBTA's on it.

Old 12/08/2017, 02:01 PM   #6
mikeperkins
Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

mikeperkins is offline   Reply With Quote