Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/08/2018, 07:58 PM   #1
mwrobers
Registered Member

Yellow Angel - In Timeout

How long can I keep this yellow angel in this 10.2 inch (1/2 gallon) breeder box. I added a female BT for my male and the yellow didn't like it too much, so I had to move him. He's been in the box for 24 hours. Will likely re-introduce tomorrow or Saturday if consensus is that he's ok for a little longer.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellow angel.jpg (42.7 KB, 63 views)
mwrobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 07:43 AM   #2
huhhh
Registered Member

I don't know how long he can stay in the penalty box, ammonia would be my biggest concern.

Not trying to hijack your thread...but I do have some questions about the yellow angel in general. I was looking for a pygmy cherub; the LFS said they couldn't get one but did get a yellow. I haven't been able to find a lot on them. What I did said tank size anywhere between 30- 70 (I have a 46.) Do you think that's big enough and (I know it's fish dependent but) how much does it bother corals. I have 1 mushroom, 1 hammer and 1 frag of growing zoas.

huhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 08:04 AM   #3
nereefpat
Registered Member

I assume that box shares water with the display? If so, and the box is covered, it shouldn't be any problem for a timeout. A couple days should be fine.

A sump might be a better longer term place for timeout, if you have one.

Current Tank Info: 125 in-wall , 40b sump. 6 bulb T5. ASM G2 skimmer. LPS and leathers
nereefpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 08:30 AM   #4
rohall
Registered Member

you can drill some holes , and just keep him in there as long as you like. how difficult was it to catch him?

rohall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Cliving1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohall View Post
you can drill some holes , and just keep him in there as long as you like. how difficult was it to catch him?
My thoughts, just put some holes in there.

Cliving1 is offline   Reply With Quote