Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/16/2018, 10:26 AM   #1
Indyws6
Registered Member

Waterbox 130.4 Stand Dimensions

Does anyone have information on the internal dimensions for the Waterbox 130.4 stand? I have a Trigger 34 sump (34 x 15 x 15) and want to know if it would fit in the stand. Waterbox does not provide a method of contact to ask them directly. I contacted BRS and they asked them on my behalf but, after three tries and the responses I got, BRS clearly doesn't understand the question. I wouldn't want to use the Waterbox supplied sump; I would want to use my new Trigger 34 sump and just need to know if it would fit.

Thanks in advance...

Current Tank Info: Needs a refresh...
Indyws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/23/2018, 09:31 AM   #2
Indyws6
Registered Member

Beuhler? Anyone? Hello?

It's frustrating that Waterbox doesn't provide any detailed information, has no way to contact by phone or email and BRS can't understand the question. Seemed simple enough...

Unread 10/23/2018, 11:08 AM   #3
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

https://www.marinedepot.com/Platinum...FIAQML-vi.html

This shows sump dimensions for comparison.

Unread 10/23/2018, 11:11 AM   #4
Indyws6
Registered Member

Thanks, but it shows the dimensions of the included sump and comparison to the included sumps for other sizes of Waterbox aquariums. It doesn't, however, list the dimensions of the inside of the stand so that I can see if my Trigger systems sump will fit...

Unread 03/06/2019, 08:06 PM   #5
kanealiirtw
Registered Member

Any luck finding out?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kanealiirtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2019, 08:23 PM   #6
reefEng10
Registered Member

Not ideal, but they were very responsive to me via Facebook messenger

reefEng10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/07/2019, 03:22 AM   #7
Indyws6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefEng10 View Post
Not ideal, but they were very responsive to me via Facebook messenger
I've tried every way possible. I was hoping BRS would have the answer since they sell them. Or, simply measure the stand. But no luck there. The question I'm asking seems like the kind of information that should be provided by default. What reef enthusiast hasn't thought about this as one of the first questions for a potential stand purchase?

Waterbox... I really question the approach. Not providing any means of contact (phone or email) on their website. Really? Even if they are responsive on FB Messenger (which they weren't for me...) that's not a reputable business communication approach. Given the difficulty trying to get information to BUY something from them, I'd hate to think of the frustration trying to contact them for an issue or warranty claim. I have zero interest in doing business with them at this point...

Unread 03/07/2019, 05:35 AM   #8
Mikegray
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyws6 View Post
Does anyone have information on the internal dimensions for the Waterbox 130.4 stand? I have a Trigger 34 sump (34 x 15 x 15) and want to know if it would fit in the stand. Waterbox does not provide a method of contact to ask them directly. I contacted BRS and they asked them on my behalf but, after three tries and the responses I got, BRS clearly doesn't understand the question. I wouldn't want to use the Waterbox supplied sump; I would want to use my new Trigger 34 sump and just need to know if it would fit.

Thanks in advance...
Hey Indyws6, I cant confirm 100%. but I been going back and forth on what to buy the 100.3 or 130.4. I believe i read it was 34.5 Inside of stand. i cant find the forum. but it makes sense. 3/4 inch wood on the stand. 36 total length. subtract the 3/4 wood sides. so id say that will fit. it will be a perfect fit. and the depth obviously will fit as the tank depth is 24.

let me know.

Mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/07/2019, 06:04 AM   #9
Indyws6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegray View Post
Hey Indyws6, I cant confirm 100%. but I been going back and forth on what to buy the 100.3 or 130.4. I believe i read it was 34.5 Inside of stand. i cant find the forum. but it makes sense. 3/4 inch wood on the stand. 36 total length. subtract the 3/4 wood sides. so id say that will fit. it will be a perfect fit. and the depth obviously will fit as the tank depth is 24.

let me know.
Greetings...
Thanks for the response. Much appreciated. For something like this, I need to know for certain. Aside from the internal dimensions, I would need to know if I could get the sump into the stand (through the doors, etc.). I'm just unwilling to run with assumptions on something that critical. The equipment I have for my rebuild is all new (sump, skimmer, pumps, heaters, etc.) and I don't want to take a chance. It just baffles me that something this important is so hard to find...

Unread 03/07/2019, 09:22 AM   #10
Mikegray
Registered Member

And as I look now. I gave you dimensions of 100.3. 130 is 48 inches and has that divider which throws it all off. Good question. I bet its exact same as the 100. That divider is exact same distance. Then extra compartment is 12. But I'd love to know as well because I plan on putting apex display in the small compartment side

Mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote