Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/24/2018, 07:52 AM   #1
ravedood
Registered Member

Kessil A360N-E series and A350-TunaBlue

So I just picked up two Kessil A360N-E series and one A350-TunaBlue for a pretty good deal. I have a 125g 72" tank and I am planing on using this along side and ATI T5 fixture just for shimmer and lunar lighting. My question is can I control the dimming with my Apex Full when they are linked up? Should I have purchased different fixtures?

Unread 02/24/2018, 10:23 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravedood View Post
So I just picked up two Kessil A360N-E series and one A350-TunaBlue for a pretty good deal. I have a 125g 72" tank and I am planing on using this along side and ATI T5 fixture just for shimmer and lunar lighting. My question is can I control the dimming with my Apex Full when they are linked up? Should I have purchased different fixtures?
As far as I’m aware the 350 is not 0-10v controllable so you won’t be able to control or link the 350 to the 360. The 360 on the otherhand is controllable and can be linked to the Apex with the Kessil/Apex 0-10v cable. Also keep in mind that the Kessil 360N is a narrow beam of light where as the 350 is a wide.. They also have slightly different spectrums so they are going to be tough to match and even if the 350 was 0-10v controllable, you wouldn’t want to run it at the same intensity and color as the 360N because they wouldn’t match and you’d cook your corals under the N which is really designed for tanks that are deeper than 24”. If I were in your shoes, I’d sell them both and get a pair 360WE’s. That or sell the 360N and get another 350 and deal with the lack of Apex control and a lack of ramping. At least you’d have a pair of matching lights.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2018, 10:52 AM   #3
ravedood
Registered Member

I think you are correct about the 350 and might end up selling it. what was planning to do with the two 360n was to put them on the very ends if the canopy and angle them towards the center of the tank so i wouldn't need a center kessil. that way i can cover the whole tank with two kessils. what do you think.

Unread 02/24/2018, 05:00 PM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravedood View Post
I think you are correct about the 350 and might end up selling it. what was planning to do with the two 360n was to put them on the very ends if the canopy and angle them towards the center of the tank so i wouldn't need a center kessil. that way i can cover the whole tank with two kessils. what do you think.
My only concern is the N’s narrow spread. A WE (wide) would be much better suited for the longer tank.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2018, 05:03 PM   #5
ravedood
Registered Member

thanks, im going to look for a well priced wide angle version in the mean time while i transition from my old school AC3 controller to my new/used apex controller.