Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/06/2019, 02:20 PM   #1126
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello,
Please write directly to service@pacific-sun.eu they will can advise you where you can buy it locally

Regards

Przemek

Unread 04/09/2019, 02:39 PM   #1127
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

About to buy one, any regrets?

FlyPenFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2019, 03:53 PM   #1128
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Kore 5th or Kore 7th?\If you will not find them on states side - till we will not find USA Distributor we offer free shipping conditions by Fedex(Express) and door-to-door warranty.

Unread 04/09/2019, 04:09 PM   #1129
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Kore 5th or Kore 7th?\If you will not find them on states side - till we will not find USA Distributor we offer free shipping conditions by Fedex(Express) and door-to-door warranty.
Kore 5th. I did find a US seller with one of your units for sale.

On your site, I don't see an option for free shipping. How long does shipping take to California?

Unread 04/09/2019, 04:10 PM   #1130
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
Also does your Hyperion S2 2x75 watt come with tank mount legs?

Unread 04/09/2019, 04:15 PM   #1131
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

No, spider mountings are not offered anymore (lamp was too close to water surface).
Only hanging kits (to ceiling).

To get free shipping to USA you need to use (during checkout) "shiptousa" coupon.
www.Pacific-Sun.eu
Usually shipping takes 3-4 days.

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 04/09/2019 at 04:24 PM.
Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2019, 04:16 PM   #1132
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
No, spider mountings are not offered anymore (lamp was too close to water surface).
Only hanging kits (to ceiling).
Okay, so does the unit come with a hanging kit or do I have to buy it separately?

Unread 04/09/2019, 04:25 PM   #1133
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

All units come with hanging kits included(LED lamps, Hybrid LED+T5 and T5 lamps).

Unread 04/16/2019, 07:01 AM   #1134
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

So I stupidly took my perfectly working BM T11 offline before installing my new Kore 5th. It is now stuck in firmware update headache.

I can get to complete successful firmware upload but then the unit gets stuck in Bootloader Ready and nothing changes. I also don't understand if I'm even using the correct bluetooth port because it lists 5 or 6 instances of Kore and there's nothing in the documentation about it....

I assume it's the correct port because the firmware update app responds when I hit the soft reset on the back. Ugh.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0883.jpg (66.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0882.jpg (44.2 KB, 20 views)
Unread 04/16/2019, 10:49 AM   #1135
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

so I haven't heard from them but I was able to figure it out.

I had to go to my windows MSI gaming laptop and use that. Windows tells you the exact COM port so it's not a best guess situation like on the Mac tool which port to use. It's weird though that it looks like it's working when you use the Mac flash tool because it'll error out in certain conditions but it can't finish even though it says it finished.

I bought a Metis LED and a Kore 5th, I was going to buy their algae reactor and another Kore 5th but I'm going to hold off now. The hardware is beautiful and mostly nicely made but I gotta admit the support is a mess and you NEED the support because their software is home-brew shareware from 1995. They need to hire an actual UX designer and invest in their software usability.

I was also told a few posts ago that the hanging kit is included, surprise surprise no hanging kit in a new sealed box. I email their sales, they said because I bought it direct for Amazon (not a 3rd party seller), they are not going to do squat for me so I had to pay for one. I don't care about the $30 but it's a dumb move on their part to **** off a reefer with small change nonsense. Especially a prolific poster like me who will happily post about my poor experience.

Also their Kore 5th Ultimate was missing the graduated cylinder, in again, a sealed box. Not very inspiring QC. I'm having second thoughts hooking this up and taking my reliable but noisy BM-T11 offline.

Unread 04/17/2019, 12:48 AM   #1136
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@FlyPenFly - Hello.
Our service was closed when you sent your mail to them so they can't answer you.
Regarding missing parts in packages - please send us photos of stickers in back of doser and lamp. We would check in our database when they was produced and whou bought them from us directly as we not sell our products through Amazon USA.

Best regards
Pacific Sun

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2019, 03:26 PM   #1137
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyPenFly View Post
so I haven't heard from them but I was able to figure it out.

I had to go to my windows MSI gaming laptop and use that. Windows tells you the exact COM port so it's not a best guess situation like on the Mac tool which port to use. It's weird though that it looks like it's working when you use the Mac flash tool because it'll error out in certain conditions but it can't finish even though it says it finished.

I bought a Metis LED and a Kore 5th, I was going to buy their algae reactor and another Kore 5th but I'm going to hold off now. The hardware is beautiful and mostly nicely made but I gotta admit the support is a mess and you NEED the support because their software is home-brew shareware from 1995. They need to hire an actual UX designer and invest in their software usability.

I was also told a few posts ago that the hanging kit is included, surprise surprise no hanging kit in a new sealed box. I email their sales, they said because I bought it direct for Amazon (not a 3rd party seller), they are not going to do squat for me so I had to pay for one. I don't care about the $30 but it's a dumb move on their part to **** off a reefer with small change nonsense. Especially a prolific poster like me who will happily post about my poor experience.

Also their Kore 5th Ultimate was missing the graduated cylinder, in again, a sealed box. Not very inspiring QC. I'm having second thoughts hooking this up and taking my reliable but noisy BM-T11 offline.
It was me telling that hanging kit is included - please let me explain why.
Wholesalers/Distirbutors choose which type of mounting they prefer - hanging kit or spider mount.
This part is not included is wholesale/distributor price - however if we are selling anything to Retail(like by our Retail shop) that kit os included. Hard to say why it wasn't in your set - probably your supplier not putted it inside.

About firmware update tool - on Windows each device have assigned COM port (depending from Windows version - it could be one or two COM ports). On Mac OS it's working completely different and it's out of our control(it's system requirements).

All our products have video quality check (under CCTV cameras ) and we are able to tell you whop packed it, when and what was inside(ver how CD /cables were looking and which side up ;-) . If you not received some parts from your Kore 5th Ultimate - it mean that they had to be removed by somebody who sell you that predictor his supplier). Im sorry to hear that, if you need this part we can arrange shipping to you.

About our 1995 software - in fact some previous product(some of them were firstly introduced by our company to aquatic market - like LED+T5 hybrid lamps or intelligent dosing stations) were using Bluetooth modules. Actually - all products working with WiFi modules (like Kore 7th for example - also version with kHLAB) doesn't have apps looking like 1995 - I can guarantee ;-) Simply take a look for Android native app for Kore 7th with kHLab(automatic alkalinity measuring module) or forthcoming iOS app for that device.
Happy Easters!

BR

Przemek

Unread 04/24/2019, 10:07 AM   #1138
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

This Doser is dangerous.

I asked it to dose 100ml manually. It does it, then it decides to keep dosing and go for 300+ml until I pulled the power.... what the heck??

I'm really afraid its going to overdose when I am not around. I also can't seem to get it to stop beeping at dose even though I unchecked that option several times...!!!!!

I work in the tech industry, I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to software design and getting things working but I can't believe how buggy this is.... it's alpha not even beta.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 9.04.03 AM.jpg (44.5 KB, 23 views)
Unread 04/24/2019, 10:17 AM   #1139
cali9dub
Registered Member

Don’t worry. It’s your bluetooth’s fault or your fault. Not the doser. The answer to problems are predictable and they are normally the 2 I listed. Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali9dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2019, 10:59 AM   #1140
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali9dub View Post
Don’t worry. It’s your bluetooth’s fault or your fault. Not the doser. The answer to problems are predictable and they are normally the 2 I listed. Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is with a 2017 MacBook literally right next to it. I'm going to return my light too.

Listen, I love the design and quality of the hardware but holy crap the software is insane. Classic Eastern European software design and quality. It's really too bad because they picked quality components and device design but the software is literally unbelievable how anyone could think this is releasable in it's use for life support systems of live animals.

Unread 04/24/2019, 12:30 PM   #1141
cali9dub
Registered Member

Quote:
This is with a 2017 MacBook literally right next to it. I'm going to return my light too.

Listen, I love the design and quality of the hardware but holy crap the software is insane. Classic Eastern European software design and quality. It's really too bad because they picked quality components and device design but the software is literally unbelievable how anyone could think this is releasable in it's use for life support systems of live animals.
Wait for their response. It’ll be exactly what I listed. If you read through the thread you will see...my Kore 5th is tossed in the garage. Never really even had a chance for it to run correctly. If it wasn’t one thing it was another so I ditched it and went with a calcium reactor and couldn’t be happier.

cali9dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2019, 04:16 PM   #1142
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
This Doser is dangerous.

I asked it to dose 100ml manually. It does it, then it decides to keep dosing and go for 300+ml until I pulled the power.... what the heck??

I'm really afraid its going to overdose when I am not around. I also can't seem to get it to stop beeping at dose even though I unchecked that option several times...!!!!!

I work in the tech industry, I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to software design and getting things working but I can't believe how buggy this is.... it's alpha not even beta.
Hello
Have you contacted with our support?
We need to know which version of firmware and software are you using, they need to be compatible together(a specially tat you bought doser manufactured few years ago - 2016?).
Dosed working on schedule mode can't overdose "by himself" - it's not possible form software/hardware point of view.
Please let them check what was wrong - it's quite easy checking in doser memory log.
For remind - service@pacific-sun.eu

Thank you.

BR

Przemek

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 04/24/2019 at 04:24 PM.
Unread 04/24/2019, 04:18 PM   #1143
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
Hello
Have you contacted with our support?
We need to know which version of firmware and software are you using, they need to be compatible together.
Dosed working on schedule mode can't overdose "by himself" - it's not possible form software/hardware point of view.
Please let them check what was wrong - it's quite easy checking in doser memory log.
For remind - service@pacific-sun.eu

Thank you.

BR

Przemek
If you look at the attached screenshot, it's very easy to see that I'm using the latest versions of both the firmware and software that I downloaded yesterday from your site.

I didn't say it dosed by itself. I'm saying, I entered a command for a 100ml dose and it started emptying the complete reservoir until I pulled the plug. This was after performing calibration, saving, disconnecting, reconnecting, etc.

Also the second time it happened....

Last edited by FlyPenFly; 04/24/2019 at 04:24 PM.
Unread 04/24/2019, 04:23 PM   #1144
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali9dub View Post
Wait for their response. It’ll be exactly what I listed. If you read through the thread you will see...my Kore 5th is tossed in the garage. Never really even had a chance for it to run correctly. If it wasn’t one thing it was another so I ditched it and went with a calcium reactor and couldn’t be happier.
I'm sorry to hear that - I will check tomorrow your mails history with service and pls let me back to you soon.
Unfortunately - similar like with all other equipment - many laptops/PC's have different hardware and sometimes they are working as should - sometimes not.
Literally - if something is working for big group of Customers and they are using same software /firmware - and its not working for some Customers (the reasons can be different - from BT as you said - to security programs/antivirus blocking incoming/outcoming connections) and it's sometimes out of our control.It simply can't be related(error in firmware) with doser., If it would - it will not work for all of them.
Only what we can in this situations - is helping Customer checking what is wrong and how it can be set properly.
We are for helping Customers - not blaming them(as it can be read from your post) - but we have to had a chance for working with Customer on it.
If you will ever decide to give a chance for your doser again - we will be happy assist you in proper doser connection/configuration.

Regards

Przemek

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 04/24/2019 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 04/24/2019, 04:28 PM   #1145
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
If you look at the attached screenshot, it's very easy to see that I'm using the latest versions of both the firmware and software that I downloaded yesterday from your site.

I didn't say it dosed by itself. I'm saying, I entered a command for a 100ml dose and it started emptying the complete reservoir until I pulled the plug. This was after performing calibration, saving, disconnecting, reconnecting, etc.

Also the second time it happened....
I see on your doser activity that it dosed more than 300ml.
Ok, so if you set it to dose 100ml - maybe when it was dosing liquid(it usually will take about two minutes for 100ml) it was working properly - and hitting buttons again(trying to break it - which is not possible when you will kick it for dosing exact amount of liquid) you programmed next doses of 100ml each time?
You can simply very easy check it - go to manual tab, set for 100ml dose and compare results(collect liquid in glass/cylinder). You will see that dosed 100ml or 300ml. I can guarantee that it will not dose 300ml.
We work on refreshing control software now(for Mac/Windows/Android/iOS) now so it will not "look" like 1995.. But for sure - doser is very precise and there is no any doser on market which will allow for dosing single drop of liquid per day.
New Kore 7th base on the same hardware from Kore 5th additionally allow for alkalinity measure - which require 0.01ml resolution on pumps.

Unread 04/24/2019, 04:32 PM   #1146
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
I see on your doser activity that it dosed more than 300ml.
Ok, so if you set it to dose 100ml - maybe when it was dosing liquid(it usually will take about two minutes for 100ml) it was working properly - and hitting buttons again(trying to break it - which is not possible when you will kick it for dosing exact amount of liquid) you programmed next doses of 100ml each time?
You can simply very easy check it - go to manual tab, set for 100ml dose and compare results(collect liquid in glass/cylinder). You will see that dosed 100ml or 300ml. I can guarantee that it will not dose 300ml.
Here are the steps that were followed, after I finished calibration and setup my dosing program (40ml/day 6 cycles) I tested my Mg and noticed it was low. I did this:

1. Went to Connect, connected successfully
2. Went to manual dosing tab, turned on manual dosing.
3. Entered in 100 ml in the manual dosing area in order to raise my Mg. Hit confirm.
4. Pump starts dosing, it seems like it finished dosing with a beep. Then it decides to keep going.
5. I pull the plug when it seems like it dosed an unreasonably large amount.

I check my dosing reservoir, it dosed over 300ml. I have a Skimz reservoir that shows me precise levels. My Mg was much lower. I use the AquaForest Component system and so I dose exactly the same amount of Ca, Alk, and Mg.

I did not have any other interaction with the software after step 3.

I guarantee you it did exactly this and it did something similar with my Alk but I was dosing into a cup thankfully and not into my tank. I thought it was a freak accident but it seems to be an actual bug where it will dose several times beyond the requested amount.

Last edited by FlyPenFly; 04/24/2019 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 04/24/2019, 04:35 PM   #1147
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Please let me back tomorrow - support will send you information how to download log from doser and we will know everything minute after minute what's happened.
Are you using Mac with Yosemite?

Unread 04/24/2019, 04:41 PM   #1148
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
Please let me back tomorrow - support will send you information how to download log from doser and we will know everything minute after minute what's happened.
Are you using Mac with Yosemite?
2017 Macbook 512gb running Movaje.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to return this Doser and just get something reliable like the GHL 2.1, just not sure if I could trust this doser with several thousand dollars in livestock.

Unread 04/24/2019, 04:42 PM   #1149
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

It's pro or air?
Please send to info@pacific-sun.eu your contact(mail address) with information about that discussion here(reported problem).
Thank you.

Unread 04/24/2019, 04:47 PM   #1150
FlyPenFly
SPS Killer

Quote:
It's pro or air?
Please send to info@pacific-sun.eu your contact(mail address) with information about that discussion here(reported problem).
Thank you.
Neither, it's the 2017 MacBook 12 inch.

Tags
junk trash