Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/17/2011, 11:53 AM   #2176
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
there should be enough sgv guys just let jimmy know. he will bring the crew over
that bin looks like terry's. i think he did the same thing
Thanks Sanh, I appreciate the offer. Trying to nail down a date and time. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes and I'll buy lunch after...In & Out maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookstreet View Post
Don't let Jimmy near your house, EVER!!!!!
Oh geeze I forgot about the curse

DanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2011, 12:02 PM   #2177
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Hope the livestock move went well for you ... any updates?
Hey Sara, well I got everything moved over on Saturday. It took much longer than I anticipated and spent most of the day Sunday setting up the equipment and still didn't get it all done. I think everything made it over but I'm sure that the parameters were swinging like a pendulum. I made a lot of accidental frags that I couldn't deal with at the time and just threw them into the tub. The tub is PACKED...I guess I have more corals than I thought I did snap a few pictures and will get them posted as soon as I can. Thanks for checking up on me...my back is killing me from bending over so much.

Unread 01/17/2011, 01:18 PM   #2178
SaraB
Coral Killer

Thanks for the update Dan. Things like this never go as planned and it takes a whole lot longer than ever expected or anticipated!

I'm thinking about taking a couple days off this week to start working on my project as well.

Unread 01/20/2011, 08:46 AM   #2179
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Here are some pics from the tank move...sorry for the poor quality but all I had was a point and shoot. Looks like most everything made it OK but I am seeing some issues. Pink Lemonade is RTNing from the tips down and there is some damage to the Ice Fire...hope they'll pull through.

Temp Sump w/skimmer & reactors in place:

Just threw the stuff up the cord octopus has taken over, will clean it up later:

Unread 01/20/2011, 08:51 AM   #2180
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Some of the corals that I transferred over.

Rock with encrusted corals (Oregon Tort, Lime in the Sky, Green Jacket Drivaricata, Willi Milli)

Unread 01/20/2011, 08:54 AM   #2181
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Really crappy pictures of the tub, I'll try to get better ones later.

Unread 01/20/2011, 09:10 AM   #2182
SaraB
Coral Killer

Wow, you did jam pack those corals into the tub! I sure do hope your RTN and other issues settle down on your couple of pieces that are my favorites too

Unread 01/20/2011, 10:09 AM   #2183
Dejavu
ReefKeeping Mag staff

Looks like your moving right along. Hopefully the RTN stops.

Current Tank Info: 270 Starphire by Miracles in Glass*BK 250 Internal*Sequence Blackfin 1800*(2) 6105 Tunzes Streams*(3) 400 watt Blueline E-Ballast*400w 20k Radiums*(3) Lumanarc III*GEO 624 Ca Reactor*Tunze Osmolotor*PM SR45 and TLF PhosBan Reactor 150*Apex
Dejavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2011, 08:11 AM   #2184
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Happy Friday everyone. The tank gets moth balled tomorrow only a few more picts in my Photobucket then?

Unread 01/21/2011, 09:44 AM   #2185
SaraB
Coral Killer

Happy Friday Dan! Good luck with getting the tank put away tomorrow!

Unread 01/21/2011, 09:50 AM   #2186
mpoletti
You'll never walk alone

Good luck with the move Dan. Where is the set up currently?

c.) Why chase numbers?
#CoralsLiketoDisco #ReefSerenity
mpoletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2011, 10:06 AM   #2187
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Happy Friday Dan! Good luck with getting the tank put away tomorrow!
Thanks Sara. I think I've got 6 or 7 guys lined up to lift the tank so hopefully it will go pretty smooth. When we moved it in I only had 4 guys and that bad boy was HEAVY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoletti View Post
Good luck with the move Dan. Where is the set up currently?
Thanks Mark. The bin is in my mom's garage right now, the tank is still in my living room. The tank is drained with all the plumbing disconnected so I just gotta clean it up a bit and get it into storage. With any luck this should take less than 20 minutes.

Unread 01/21/2011, 12:11 PM   #2188
saltyg135er
Registered Member

Good luck on the move Dan. I heard some of the SGV reefers are coming over to help, I would be there to to help but I got work. But I van feed you guys if your willing to drive out to Anaheim, . The only way I can help out now is to feed the crew that helps a great man that has always helped me. I go Dim Sum till 3 if you guys can make it, there will be no waiting too, just let me know how many and I'll save you guys a table. LMK and good luck on the move.

saltyg135er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2011, 04:36 PM   #2189
Dejavu
ReefKeeping Mag staff

Happy Friday Dan. Good luck with the tank tare down!

Current Tank Info: 270 Starphire by Miracles in Glass*BK 250 Internal*Sequence Blackfin 1800*(2) 6105 Tunzes Streams*(3) 400 watt Blueline E-Ballast*400w 20k Radiums*(3) Lumanarc III*GEO 624 Ca Reactor*Tunze Osmolotor*PM SR45 and TLF PhosBan Reactor 150*Apex
Dejavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2011, 07:57 AM   #2190
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyg135er View Post
Good luck on the move Dan. I heard some of the SGV reefers are coming over to help, I would be there to to help but I got work. But I van feed you guys if your willing to drive out to Anaheim, . The only way I can help out now is to feed the crew that helps a great man that has always helped me. I go Dim Sum till 3 if you guys can make it, there will be no waiting too, just let me know how many and I'll save you guys a table. LMK and good luck on the move.
Thanks Michael. Yeah the SVG reefers are really steppin' it up. I'm humbled by the offer of people that I haven't met in person (lowbudget and his bro) offering and coming down. Jimmy (Jimmy007), Tony (Avatar on WWC) and my buddy Terry (Stryker) are also showing up. Very cool dudes and I really appreciate their help Not sure that we'll be able to make it up, at least I won't...this is the last weekend that I have to finish packing the house and there is A LOT to do I am dying to get to your restaurant though, definitely after I finish the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu View Post
Happy Friday Dan. Good luck with the tank tare down!
Thanks Brian, I appreciate it.

Unread 01/24/2011, 11:02 AM   #2191
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Well, getting it into storage went fine, no issues. Thanks to Stryker, Avatar and special thanks to the SGV crew (Jimmy007, lowbudget and "Bolo") for driving out so far to lend a hand. I know that a Double-Double isn't adquate compensation for your time (and muscle) and really owe you guys a favor. (BTW at some point we get to move it again ) Thanks again fellas

Here's the display's pitstop

...and the door slammed and locked...

Unread 01/24/2011, 12:53 PM   #2192
SoCal LowBaller
Registered Member

dan if you need to get it out of the storage my place or my brother garage and house the tank for you. save you some money wow storage is expensive

SoCal LowBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2011, 01:12 PM   #2193
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LowBaller View Post
dan if you need to get it out of the storage my place or my brother garage and house the tank for you. save you some money wow storage is expensive
Oh, that's your screen name! I didn't know that was you dude. Thanks again for helping me out, I appreciate you guys coming out and I know that it's a long drive. Yeah, it is pricy but it also has to hold some of my wife's breakable keepsakes...it was the deal I had to make ahh...the right thing to do to keep her stuff safe

Unread 01/26/2011, 09:36 AM   #2194
denash24
Me too!

Hi Dan sorry to see your tank come down for a while it's been an inspiration for me the last few years, but once you find a new home and get settled in I'm sure everything will be back to normal.

140G rimless bare bottom mostly SPS
denash24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2011, 03:58 PM   #2195
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denash24 View Post
Hi Dan sorry to see your tank come down for a while it's been an inspiration for me the last few years, but once you find a new home and get settled in I'm sure everything will be back to normal.
Gee thanks Mario, I appreciate the compliment and well wishes. Kinda feels wierd not having a tank to fiddle with and looking after the bin is not quite the same...actually kinda depressing. The best thing to do is to watch what I'm doing and do the opposite...it'll increase your chances of success I see your looking for a bigger tank...please keep me informed, maybe I can help you stock it with a bunch of browned out cuttings

Unread 01/26/2011, 04:34 PM   #2196
02REDZ28
Registered Member

Wow Dan, I'm sorry to see the system taken down. Do you have a new home purchased yet or are you buidling a new home?

Best of luck with your garage situation, I'm sure your animals will pull though.

I'm finally back in the hobby today... Flooded a 45 gallon cube today. Its my first since August 2009.

1.5 Liters is a good size for a beer, not an engine.

Current Tank Info: Aquarium Free
02REDZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2011, 05:38 PM   #2197
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02REDZ28 View Post
Wow Dan, I'm sorry to see the system taken down. Do you have a new home purchased yet or are you buidling a new home?

Best of luck with your garage situation, I'm sure your animals will pull though.

I'm finally back in the hobby today... Flooded a 45 gallon cube today. Its my first since August 2009.
Hey Patrick, congrats on jumping back in, now you gotta change your signature line

Yeah, it's a drag not having the display up and when I finally get completely moved out (by the weekend) I'll have to think about things I'll do differently when I can get it back up. Not many people build or have their houses built for them out in SoCal these days. Looking for a "resale" home in very specific areas, actually totally driven by the schools my kids will attend.

What are you planning on doing with your tank...mixed, SPS, LPS, FOWLR? LMK if you start a build/stocking thread.

Unread 01/27/2011, 11:57 PM   #2198
Belial
Registered Member

Hope all is well Dan! Good Luck!

Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2011, 11:38 AM   #2199
SaraB
Coral Killer

Happy Friday Dan!

Unread 01/28/2011, 10:26 PM   #2200
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Hope all is well Dan! Good Luck!
Thanks Bob, as well as can be with a bin as a "display"

Quote:
Happy Friday Dan!
Happy Friday Sara. Had no internet access at the house this morning, the wife turned of the cable, internet and phone today. We just need to move a few more things, clean up and we're outta there.