Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/21/2010, 10:04 AM   #1
805reef
Registered Member

Help with ATO max run time

My ATO setup is 2 float switches connected to a neptune breakout box. Everything works fine, but when my top off water runs out the pump will continue to run until i manually set it to off. This is usually happens in the middle of the night or when I am not home so the pump runs dry for who knows how long. Is there any way I can set it up so that if the pump is running for a max of 10 minutes, then it will assume the water is empty and set the ATO to permanently off and then send me an email?

Here is my current code for outlet named ATO
Code:
Fallback OFF 
Set OFF 
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF 
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON 
If Switch2 OPEN Then OFF 
Min Time 002:00 Then OFF 
If Outlet Maintenance = ON Then OFF
I'm thinking I could use a dummy timer somehow... any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

300 gallon peninsula, return:RD3 Speedy 230, Turbo's Rev4 L2 Algae Turf Scrubber, (2) Gyre 150s, Advanced Acrylic sump, (4) Ocean Revive T247s, Apex (classic w/ black sticker;):D)
805reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/21/2010, 10:45 AM   #2
rinconmike
Registered Member

I use:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 07:05 to 07:06 Then ON
If Switchx4_5 OPEN Then OFF
If Switchx4_6 OPEN Then OFF
Min Time 005:00 Then OFF

it will only run for 2 minutes during the specific time noted. I use the min time off so once it turns off it stays off. Sometimes the water filling bounces the float and it would fill, turn off after 30 seconds, settle after a few seconds and turn back on.

Mike

rinconmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/26/2010, 03:27 PM   #3
swearint
Registered Member

You could use the following, but it does require a bit of manual interaction. Think of it as a circuit breaker:

[ATO_Lockout]
If Switch1 CLOSED then ON
Defer 10:00 Then ON

[ATO]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
If Switch2 OPEN Then OFF
If Outlet Maintenance = ON Then OFF
If Outlet ATO_Lockout = ON Then OFF
Defer 0:30 Then ON

You will first need to manually set ATO_Lockout to OFF, (update if using the webpage), then set it to AUTO. It will stay in the OFF State until Switch1 has been CLOSED for ten continuous minutes. Once that has occurred it will stay in the ON state until you reset it by using Manual OFF. You can also use it to trip the email outlet. I also replaced Min Time with Defer, it works better to buffer out noise by requiring that Switch1 be CLOSED for a continous 30 seconds before setting ATO to ON.

Todd

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Current Tank Info: 125g Reef
swearint is offline   Reply With Quote