Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/10/2017, 08:38 AM   #1
dendrite
Registered Member

3152 osmolator stopped working

Hi Roger
I have several 3152 osmolators as well as a 3155.and this 3152 may be a couple of years old. The number on the box is 4025167 315213. The unit no longer works. I cleaned the sensor, and tested the pump with a nine volt battery and it works well. When I reset the power ,the pump activates through the sensor for less then a second and then stops. It won't reactivate again unless power is first disconnected to the controller. Then it will re activate for the brief moment when the power is reconnected and the sensor triggered. Again, this lasts but a second. Thoughts?Suggestions? I'm assuming I will need a new controller if not also a new sensor.
David Drucker

dendrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2017, 09:31 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

David,

On the control box is a silver sticker, it has a date code, 201604 for example, can you get me that date? If it is newer than early 2016 I may be able to just reset the software and get it working, it can also still be a bad pump, what you describe is a pump overload issue, it shuts down to protect the controller from damage by a pump drawing too much current, the battery has no such limit. Either the pump is bad or the software is wrong so it is too sensitive to the pump load.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2017, 09:55 AM   #3
dendrite
Registered Member

Thanks, I'm at work now but will look for the code tonight. I also have an new extra pump and will try this one out tonight using the controller.
David

Unread 09/11/2017, 06:54 PM   #4
dendrite
Registered Member

You must be prescient. The code number is 201605. The interesting thing is that when I plugged the system back in with the same pump and everything unchanged except the controller unplugged for 36 hours and the sensor sitting in vinegar for 30 hours, everything worked perfectly. Any thoughts? Should this controller be updated?

Unread 09/12/2017, 08:26 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The software update would resolve this, it decreases the sensitivity of the controller to the pump draw. I would send it in, I would have it done within a day of getting it. Include a note with return address and phone number, I only need the controller.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 09/12/2017, 09:19 AM   #6
dendrite
Registered Member

Thanks, I will do that
David

Unread 09/12/2017, 04:58 PM   #7
dendrite
Registered Member

Hi again,
I have a second controller for another 3152. It's code is 201510. Is it worthwhile to send that along for reprogramming as well?

Unread 09/22/2017, 05:12 PM   #8
dendrite
Registered Member

Thanks Roger for the great customer service and rapid turn around time in getting the osmolator 3152 controller working again

Unread 09/25/2017, 08:17 AM   #9
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Thank you for being our customer.