Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/18/2010, 09:28 AM   #776
Bax
Premium Member

Looks good Eric. Tank seems nice and clean fish look great! You algae issues seem behind you now.

Current Tank Info: 150 DT/ 40B fuge/ 75g frag/ 40 g sump/ SRO XP 3000 Ext/ TUNZEs & VorTechs circulation/Dart return/ MTC Pro Cal/ UV & Oz
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2010, 10:23 AM   #777
erics3000
Registered Member

Thanks Bax. After changing out the sand the algae issue didn't last too long. I got my water changing station complete yesterday but have a little leak on one of the bulk heads. I am out of silicone so I'll get it a little later. I feel I made some real head way with getting the electric in my garage and my W/C system complete. A few late nights was all it took, and of coarse a little extra $.

My fish always seam to be fine even with the consistent nitrates. In the last 2 months I did about 15% weekly w/c. I went through 3 boxes of 200 gal reef crystals. Cleaned my fuge but still working on rearranging the plumbing so only skimmed water goes to my fuge. I am also trying to get something I like to keep my algae out of fuge and in my sump. That should also help detritus build up in my fuge. Soon I should be finished with this. I have also picked up the materials to build my nitrate reactor. I really want get more fish and SPS so I am going to give it a try. So I figured since I was planning on bring my Kalk, Bed fluidizer, and Phosband back on line now is the perfect time to add the Nitrate Reactor. This brings me to a question. Do you think a quiet one 3000 780 gph at 10.5 head 40 watts is enough to feed all my reactors??? Petsolutions has them for $50 and since they have a sale on reef crystals 200 gal box for $47 I was going to order my sulfur, aragonite, salt and a pump. Once I have the pump feeding my reactor of the manifold I am going to add a spot for my RKE probes there too.

Down the line I might turn the 150 fuge into a predator. I would love to move it into my sons play room and put an eel, lion fish, and puffer. My wife relay liked our puffer and predator fish. My last puffer ate my snails but was a cool fish. The poor guy didn't make it when I moved fish from the 150 to my new 300. I really now understand how the big guys talk about bio type tanks. Hahah Similar to your new office law out. It just would be cool to have some fish my wife like and another tank in my sons play room. The one good thing is that wall in the toy room backs up to my garage. I have no desire on adding more pop to my system until nitrates are down and I am sure not going to work on moving and creating a new tank until all my projects are completed wit this tank. It might be cool project next year. I guess time will tell.

(Red House for my 300 display 600 system)

Current Tank Info: 600 gallon system with 300 display
erics3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2010, 08:59 PM   #778
jnarowe
Registered Member

I am surprised you put in the xenia. That stuff can take over a tank. For being gone, you system sure looks good.

Current Tank Info: 70g fresh planted
jnarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2010, 10:29 PM   #779
erics3000
Registered Member

Thanks J. Yeah I figured it was big something to look at for now. My colt coral is spitting off little branches. Hopefully when I get the time I can frag some and maybe get a little store credit or something.

Last night I was thinking what would I do if I wasn't working on my tank with the little spare time I have? Than I actually thought I wonder what J is doing now. hahhaahahha

Unread 04/19/2010, 06:43 AM   #780
Bax
Premium Member

Eric

The QO 3000 is a good utility pump.

My TLF 150's only flow about 80-90 gph
What Kalk are you runnig and di you feed it SW or does it run from your ATO?
Never had a nitrate reactor so I can't even comment there.

A predetor tank in the play room sounds cool. No baseballs allowed though!

Current Tank Info: 150 DT/ 40B fuge/ 75g frag/ 40 g sump/ SRO XP 3000 Ext/ TUNZEs & VorTechs circulation/Dart return/ MTC Pro Cal/ UV & Oz
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2010, 08:02 AM   #781
jnarowe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erics3000 View Post
Thanks J. Yeah I figured it was big something to look at for now. My colt coral is spitting off little branches. Hopefully when I get the time I can frag some and maybe get a little store credit or something.

Last night I was thinking what would I do if I wasn't working on my tank with the little spare time I have? Than I actually thought I wonder what J is doing now. hahhaahahha
Believe it or not, I am still working on the gym. Walls are done, and now I am trying to figure out how to strip the floor so I can seal it. The salt water ate into the concrete a bit, so I am using Tennent's Eco-Seal Hardener & Seal, but I think I need to really be careful about cleaning the surface prior to application.

Current Tank Info: 70g fresh planted
jnarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2010, 11:44 AM   #782
erics3000
Registered Member

Bax my kalk is the 818 from http://www.aquaticsystemsdesign.com/index.php
I was going to use it for top off so it will be feed from R/O by I am also setting my RKE to use a different top of pump if PH is too HIgh. I will have a little maxijet in the r/o storage just for regular r/o top off.

The 300 should be more than adaquate for phosband, rainbow fluidizer bed, and the Nitrate reactor. Hopefully it will support a Calcium Reactor in the future if I add one.

Huh still working on some thing or another J. At least your keepin busy. The same thing is happening to my garage floor. Next time I will have everything in a little drip tray of some sort.

Unread 04/20/2010, 09:03 AM   #783
FFrankie
Registered Member

Yo! Just popping in Eric Hope all is well with you.

FFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote