Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/15/2015, 11:08 AM   #451
Joe the painter
Registered Member

reflectors

I am looking to buy 3 lumanbrite mini reflectors does anyone has any ??? let me know thanks

Joe the painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 05:36 PM   #452
moondoggy4
Registered Member

^^^^^http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2479662 HTH 2 out of 3

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2015, 08:31 PM   #453
tcermd
Registered Member

Anyone seen the new Current orbit Pro's?

tcermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/10/2015, 11:26 PM   #454
Reeflover0723
Reefer

What can I grow with this description included from web sight
Fluval Eco Bright LED Aquarium Light
Designed to bring a natural shimmering effect to your aquarium, Eco Bright is an energy efficient LED system that helps bring out the rich colors of your fish and plants. Equipped with an intelligent infrared remote control, Eco Bright allows you to conveniently customize blue and white LED intensity either manually or via several preset options.
This LED series, which is offered in 4 sizes, is built upon an ultra slim 1” platform and features extendable mounting brackets to fit a variety of aquarium widths. As with all Fluval LED strip lights, Eco Bright also offers 120 degree light dispersion for superior aquarium coverage and uniform lighting.

Reeflover0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2015, 03:06 PM   #455
SEvolution
Registered Member

Suggest lighting for 60x20x20 inches tank with few corals like candi cane, xenia, mushroom, toadstool, torch and button polyp. Currently on MH and im looking to move. Kessil a360we or maxspect razor 420r 160w?

SEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2015, 04:32 PM   #456
Icewater31
Registered Member

Is my lighting enough?....

I am currently running one 48"Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED on my 75 gallon aquarium. The tank looks great, but i feel like its not enough for my leather or my zoes, or anything I plan to get. Im aware that I cant get to exotic with any coral choices, and with that being said, I had planned to stick to SPS and and some mushrooms. Should I consider adding another Current LED though?

Icewater31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2015, 10:37 AM   #457
swiftvision
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewater31 View Post
I am currently running one 48"Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED on my 75 gallon aquarium. The tank looks great, but i feel like its not enough for my leather or my zoes, or anything I plan to get. Im aware that I cant get to exotic with any coral choices, and with that being said, I had planned to stick to SPS and and some mushrooms. Should I consider adding another Current LED though?
Based on what you said above, no.

Current Tank Info: 8 Gallon Nano Reef and custom 100G cube reef
swiftvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/20/2015, 11:00 PM   #458
odj22sailor
Registered Member

I have started building a 90 gal Reef display w/100 gallon sump in the basement. I'm looking for recommendations for lighting. I am asking what would you get, the price not being an issue....Display is 48x18x21 and sump is 50 gal Stock tank and 50 gal cryptic.

Last edited by odj22sailor; 10/20/2015 at 11:27 PM.
odj22sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2015, 10:18 PM   #459
Zebra eel
Registered Member

led info.

Hi all, i am reborn into reefing. I have been out of it for 4 years and knowing how thing change over night, im looking for info about led lighting. Im going to be doing a 35 gal hex with an internal filtration box which im making. I am looking at the brad, Current 18-24" led. My main guestion is one unit enough or shall i get two? I want to keep sps, lps, and an anemone. Thanks for all the help.

Zebra eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2015, 12:02 PM   #460
odj22sailor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra eel View Post
Hi all, i am reborn into reefing. I have been out of it for 4 years and knowing how thing change over night, im looking for info about led lighting. Im going to be doing a 35 gal hex with an internal filtration box which im making. I am looking at the brad, Current 18-24" led. My main guestion is one unit enough or shall i get two? I want to keep sps, lps, and an anemone. Thanks for all the help.
I am in the same boat you getting back into it, my break was 20 years.
I have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that my 48'' 90g i will use the Kessil 160n and i might even go with 4 because of the narrow beam. My thinking is if you are dialing them down because they too bright then i shouldnt need such a powerful fixture. Also if the par is so well balanced from front to back add to balance side to side....

Unread 11/27/2015, 02:12 PM   #461
Zebra eel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odj22sailor View Post
I am in the same boat you getting back into it, my break was 20 years.
I have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that my 48'' 90g i will use the Kessil 160n and i might even go with 4 because of the narrow beam. My thinking is if you are dialing them down because they too bright then i shouldnt need such a powerful fixture. Also if the par is so well balanced from front to back add to balance side to side....
My understanding of leds is nill i need someone to dumb it down for me.

Zebra eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2015, 02:20 PM   #462
kaspm
Registered Member

I have a standard 120 that I'm setting up. What would you suggest for lighting that is great and inexpensive? I'm sure I'm going to go the LED route.

kaspm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2015, 03:50 PM   #463
odj22sailor
Registered Member

For me to understand what to do I needed to learn about Par. What it is and what is does. What I learned in short was water and if you have a glass top like I will filters out certian needed wave lengths of light. This is where par comes in. Par will tell you how much light is getting to certain areas or a specific area of your tank. If I am not mistaken, I am sitting in my car as I write this...needed par or desired par levels at 24" depth is 236 and 360 at 6" of depth. So my conclusion was I dont like the room to turn blue when the lights are on. It reminds of the late 70's and 80's doing the unmentionables......lol yes I am that old.
So I was looking at reusing my 3 bulb T5 which needs 100.00 of bulbs every 5-6 months vs using LEDS. So after researching all of the lights and combonations available. What I found out most is Reefers where turning or using 40-60% of the a available power with Kessil 360w. As full power was bleaching the corals. But I learned from a friend that Kessils produce the best effects when set at over 50%. So I also found out the 160's aremuch better in Conservering power by using the 160w over the 360w.
So in short from my research found that 160w at 80% is better than 360w's at 50% and using 3 160's instead of two and still less total power used or at the least the same amount of power used. I will also have a much more even par level across the whole 48" at 18" of depth. Along with great shimmering

Unread 12/09/2015, 12:48 PM   #464
ncjetskier
Registered Member

I have had my (2) 165 watt Chinese led boxes for 3 years. Does anybody know what the actual duration of the led lights and their intensity?

ncjetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2015, 06:30 AM   #465
odj22sailor
Registered Member

Till they burn out....

Unread 01/15/2016, 12:49 PM   #466
fishhawk123
Registered Member

Question Led lighting for a 27"deep tank?

I am relatively cash poor, getting back into hobby after a long 10yr break and have a 48x18x28" deep tank. Want to go led. Would an aquatic life edge led fixture keep me happy for a while? I like the slim design, little heat, and less electric bill in the hot south Texas summers. Looking in the 300 to 400 range, less money is better as I have other pieces to buy like UV filter, new test equip, quarantine tank, etc... What corals can I grow? Could I keep a clam or some hard corals in the upper 1/3 of tank with that setup? Plz give me some ideas? I luv the dusk to dawn feature and a lot of diy stuff ends up looking junky and I imagine salt keep would take its toll on diy as in the past. Also open to a possible 6 bulb t5vho if need be or a 2xt5 with the aquatic life fixture...

fishhawk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2016, 02:48 AM   #467
mdslackman
Registered Member

Hi there. I've recently upgraded to a 50 gallon, 37x19x20. I don't really want to keep sps, but do plan to have LPS and softies. Seeing as I'm not going the sps route but need a lighting upgrade, I'm thinking about getting one of the Chinese LED boxes. Would one of the typical Mars boxes (or re-brands) be sufficient, or should I spring for a slightly longer box (like the MarsAqua Dimmable 300W LED Aquarium Grow Light)?

Any other brands / systems I should be looking at? I'm hoping to keep price around $200 or below.

I also can't hang the lights from the ceiling, so if anyone has links to DIY or store-bought mounting (my tank is acrylic), please send them my way!

Current lighting: SeaStar LED Aquarium Lighting. 14"-48" SALTWATER Single Strip LED Over the Tank Lighting

Thank you!

mdslackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2016, 04:27 PM   #468
edward1096
Registered Member

Thoughts on Nano Box Reef?

edward1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2016, 04:29 PM   #469
edward1096
Registered Member

I was considering purchasing the New Nano Box Mini Tide Plus M

edward1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2016, 05:59 PM   #470
ez1ez
Registered Member

After 10 years Im back. I am starting 2 nano reef tanks 2 -20 longs to get back into the swing of things. I plan on setting up my 2 150g 6' long tanks in the fall. I have 6 - 400w metal halide fixtures but am being told I should switch to LED. Is there a place I can buy parts to build my own LED fixtures or what company should I buy. what I buy will also be used on my larger tanks when I set then up. I plan to have SPS, LPS, softies and mushrooms.

Current Tank Info: Reeftanks, Halides,7' 150g, 6' 150g tanks
ez1ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2016, 12:35 PM   #471
odj22sailor
Registered Member

Kessil the only way to go!!!!

Unread 03/18/2016, 07:27 AM   #472
xgchhj
Registered Member

Sanjay - Many pages back you asked for a piece of low iron glass to evaluate as a DE shield. Did you ever get a piece to look at?

xgchhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2016, 05:08 PM   #473
FLSharkvictim
Registered Member

I just bought the new Celestial C35-A Aquatic Algae Growing - Maxspect.. Incredible led light..

FLSharkvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2016, 07:13 AM   #474
shellsea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdslackman View Post
Hi there. I've recently upgraded to a 50 gallon, 37x19x20. I don't really want to keep sps, but do plan to have LPS and softies. Seeing as I'm not going the sps route but need a lighting upgrade, I'm thinking about getting one of the Chinese LED boxes. Would one of the typical Mars boxes (or re-brands) be sufficient, or should I spring for a slightly longer box (like the MarsAqua Dimmable 300W LED Aquarium Grow Light)?

Any other brands / systems I should be looking at? I'm hoping to keep price around $200 or below.

I also can't hang the lights from the ceiling, so if anyone has links to DIY or store-bought mounting (my tank is acrylic), please send them my way!

Current lighting: SeaStar LED Aquarium Lighting. 14"-48" SALTWATER Single Strip LED Over the Tank Lighting

Thank you!
Check out this DIY TV Mount http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...light=tv+mount

Unread 12/14/2016, 10:08 AM   #475
warrennorton
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odj22sailor View Post
For me to understand what to do I needed to learn about Par. What it is and what is does. What I learned in short was water and if you have a glass top like I will filters out certian needed wave lengths of light. This is where par comes in. Par will tell you how much light is getting to certain areas or a specific area of your tank. If I am not mistaken, I am sitting in my car as I write this...needed par or desired par levels at 24" depth is 236 and 360 at 6" of depth. So my conclusion was I dont like the room to turn blue when the lights are on. It reminds of the late 70's and 80's doing the unmentionables......lol yes I am that old.
So I was looking at reusing my 3 bulb T5 which needs 100.00 of bulbs every 5-6 months vs using LEDS. So after researching all of the lights and combonations available. What I found out most is Reefers where turning or using 40-60% of the a available power with Kessil 360w. As full power was bleaching the corals. But I learned from a friend that Kessils produce the best effects when set at over 50%. So I also found out the 160's aremuch better in Conservering power by using the 160w over the 360w.
So in short from my research found that 160w at 80% is better than 360w's at 50% and using 3 160's instead of two and still less total power used or at the least the same amount of power used. I will also have a much more even par level across the whole 48" at 18" of depth. Along with great shimmering

The A160WE is only 40watts and the 360 is 90watts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrennorton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led aquarium light