Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/24/2016, 10:26 PM   #1
Tango451
Registered Member

Haddoni treated, no deflation whatsoever, but mouth remains open/ hollow.

Mouth is open. Goes from nickel to quarter size. (Imagine a stack of quarters or nickels, it looks like that when looking at it vertically- it is hollow at least an inch down). Anemone is on round two of antibiotics, and dose was just doubled. Foot attached, responsive (oral disc moves).

If the mouth wasn't hollow I would be confident it's fine. Should I try feeding? Is it possible it is fine and in time the mouth will close?

Tango451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2016, 03:33 AM   #2
nemguy
Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with a giant haddoni mines about 20 inches and the moth is about the size of a half dollar it's in antibiotics now and I can't figure out why it's mouth is open! I originally thought it was because of infection but now seeing this post maybe it's hungry and not settled it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nemguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2016, 07:15 PM   #3
mnchartier
Registered Member

Its common for haddoni to have an open mouth. The issue is if it is loose or looks like the anemone can not control it. If the opening looks tight I would not be concerned much about it.

Current Tank Info: DD150
mnchartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2016, 08:17 PM   #4
Tango451
Registered Member

Hmm. It still isn't closing. It also has not been sticky whatsoever except for the time I de attached his foot- but then once settled not sticky.

The mouth closed for one day. At this point I do not think I will continue treatment. Foot is still attached. He is reactive. But mouth will not close all the way, it did for about an hour one night but that's it.

It also is not taking food (I figured since it isn't sticky).
He has never deflated once. I am just worried about my other carpets getting something from this one, but I'm not sure if he will be problematic or not

Unread 07/28/2016, 11:17 AM   #5
dieselkeeper
Registered Member

I find my haddoni mouth opens wider with lesser flow. If the flow towards it was increases, it seems to close more. Rarely do I see it's mouth closed tight. Been having for over a year now. How about a picture. Always like to see carpet nems.

Unread 08/13/2016, 11:15 PM   #6
Tango451
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemguy View Post
I'm having the same problem with a giant haddoni mines about 20 inches and the moth is about the size of a half dollar it's in antibiotics now and I can't figure out why it's mouth is open! I originally thought it was because of infection but now seeing this post maybe it's hungry and not settled it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just put him in tonight. Mouth never closed while in qt, but when I got him to release his foot it closed, slightly opened in dt, clownfish went in and now it's 90% closed. Now I just need to solve the mystery of my healthy refusing to attach haddoni. How is yours doing?

Unread 08/14/2016, 12:46 PM   #7
Daniel62
Registered Member

All of my Haddoni have varying degrees of stickiness. My orange and my Red are beast they stick to everything and I mean very thing. Next is the bright Green. after that, My green strip is next only sticks to food. my green/blue sticks to only certain types of food, and almost nothing but very small pieces stick to my purple. I will say that the mouths of my haddoni never get more open than quarter size. I have a trio of snowflakes that are hosted by my orange, red, Bright green and blue/green. They never go into the purple or stripped nem. This I don't understand. Also remember, we are just assuming that these two types of meds are curing all the problems, maybe this is not quit the case.

Current Tank Info: 225 reef, 125 clown & haddoni tank, Haddoni's Big Bad & Beautiful, I Love Them!
Daniel62 is offline   Reply With Quote