Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/17/2020, 08:29 PM   #1
pisces 12
Registered Member

Hannah checker test kits

So i have a problem with the Hanna checker ULR phosphate and my ALK test kits the first test on the ULR Phosphate reads 0.13 and the second reads 0.03 which i know is probably right since i just dose Phosphate RX the day before, ALK reads 8.1 on three separate test and my salifert test kit it reads 9.3 big difference , all test were all done correctly and i even celebrated both PHOS AND ALK , so im at a crossroads wether to chuck the Hanna checker and go with salifert a cross the board

pisces 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2020, 01:17 AM   #2
bertoni
RC Mod

It's hard to be sure which is more accurate, but I might try seeing if a local fish store could run a couple of tests before deciding. The Salifert and Hanna alkalinity kits generally get good reviews, and I'd hope they'd be closer. Any kit or set of reagents can fail over time, though. How old are the Salifert kits?

Unread 02/22/2020, 07:26 AM   #3
kruler
Registered Member

I have a similar issue with an almost new Hanna ULR Phosphate checker. Consistently reads above .13 but same water tested at LFS is .003. Seems weird to have to go out and spend money on test kits to check my expensive Hanna checker.

kruler is offline   Reply With Quote