Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/15/2018, 03:13 PM   #1
Dr RBG
Registered Member

Apex program Check please

I have attached a shot of what I think will make my wave pump go on for 60 Minutes then off for 15 then on for 60 and repeat. Did I get it right? Checking before I upload it.

thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wave prg.jpg (42.4 KB, 17 views)
Dr RBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2018, 08:41 PM   #2
kurt_n
Registered Member

Why not upload it and find out?! [Yeah... maybe a little snarky, but this isn't like you're launching the Space Shuttle - give it a try and see if it works like you think! Never blindly trust the internet!]

But yeah... looks like it should work fine. Looks like it will start 5 minutes after the hour though. Not sure if you want that or not.

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2018, 09:14 PM   #3
Dr RBG
Registered Member

thanks

thanks for the encouragement. If I set the 5 to zero will it start on the hour? I never understood what that input did. I will let you know if anything is reported to NASA

Unread 07/16/2018, 09:48 PM   #4
kurt_n
Registered Member

I'm not familiar with the programming wizards, but I'm pretty sure that if you set it to zero, yes... it'll start on the hour. There are three variables to the 'OSC' (oscillate) command, with the first being how long to wait after midnight before starting the command.

Assuming they haven't changed how the oscillate commands works recently, you have to keep in mind that the "timer" for the oscillate starts at midnight. If you have something that repeats evenly every hour (say, 10 minutes on and 50 minutes off) it will appear to happen every hour, on the hour. But if you have something that doesn't divide evenly by an hour - like yours of 60 minutes off and 15 minutes on - you have to start counting at midnight and figure out where you're at in the cycle if you're trying to test it midday. To complicate matters, if you have a delay, that's going to shift it starting at midnight also.

Long story short... when using the oscillate and you're testing it halfway through the day, just remember that midnight start time and plot out the on/off times based on that before waving the flag that things aren't working right!

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2018, 03:44 PM   #5
Dr RBG
Registered Member

thanks

Tags
apex, program apex, wave pump