Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/14/2014, 02:59 PM   #1
luamada
Love saltwater fishes...

Blue Chromes

I need your help. I have several fishes on my quarantine tank but two is sitting at the end of the tank not swimming like they used to... and not eating... 2 days not eating... yesterday I took them out and put them on a 10 G medication tank... here is what I did and please let me know what also can I do...
Day 1 - took them out with the same water from the tank and a small bio-filter that I had on the back of the 55 that belongs to my 10G and put them separated with the filter and an air pump and a heater. I have not added a power head as I am concerned because my power head is too strong and I do not want them to use energy that they may not have...
I treated with antibiotic ( METRONIDAZOLE) per instructions, I am supposed to treat every other day...until the symptoms disappear but the fishes is still at the end of the tank and not eating... I tried to feed them yesterday and they did not eat... should I even try to feed it today or is the food only going to cause ammonia in the treatment tank??
Thank you

Current Tank Info: 350G Deep See Aquatic with Sapphire glass 96.5X36.5X24, Sump Refugium, LED Radion PRO 3, 350 LV rock, Apex Controller, MP 60, auto-top-off, more to come
luamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/14/2014, 03:00 PM   #2
luamada
Love saltwater fishes...

I have both of them in the same tank since they both have the same attitude...
this is the first day of treatment but the 3rd they they are acting like that...

Current Tank Info: 350G Deep See Aquatic with Sapphire glass 96.5X36.5X24, Sump Refugium, LED Radion PRO 3, 350 LV rock, Apex Controller, MP 60, auto-top-off, more to come
Unread 09/14/2014, 03:01 PM   #3
luamada
Love saltwater fishes...

Should I try feeding them/??

Unread 09/14/2014, 05:24 PM   #4
Newsmyrna80
Registered Member

You could try feeding them but if they don't eat siphon up the food. The pics of them sitting on the tank bottom is not encouraging. Given that Uronema has been very common in Chromis' I would be sure to have formalin or Quick a Cure on hand to do dips.

Current Tank Info: 80 gallon reef tank with 30 gal refugium
Newsmyrna80 is offline   Reply With Quote