Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/14/2020, 10:43 AM   #1
nightOwl
Premium Member

Lighting Schedule for Refugium on Large Tanks

Trying to do a few tweaks to the photo period of the refugium while I have time to. I resolved my phosphate issue I was having but in the process killed most of my cheato. Now is a good time to reset things. How many hours a day are people running their lights in the refugium? If using the reverse light cycle let me know that too if you don't mind.

Unread 04/14/2020, 11:15 AM   #2
btjack2
Registered Member

How did you resolve phosphate issue?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

btjack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/14/2020, 12:27 PM   #3
nightOwl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btjack2 View Post
How did you resolve phosphate issue?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lots of water changes and then I used PhosGuard but you have to be real careful the way I did it because it strips the phosphate fast and if you have lots of SPS some will not react too kindly.

Unread 04/20/2020, 02:45 PM   #4
foreverreef
Registered Member

I basically run my fuge opposite of my display light. When the moon lights come on 815pm ish the larger lights start to dim (30%) or so and as the sun set the moon lights ramp up and my LEDs drop off. As the moon lights ramp up so does my fuge lighting. And just opposite in the am 6amish the five lights are off but about 4am they start to dim (30%) ish and they taper off at about 615 am. Hope that helps.

my wife told me size mattered...I'm not sure 1000+gallons of salt water is what she meant!

Current Tank Info: 1000g display LEDs. Refugium and a few other goodeis
foreverreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2020, 08:20 PM   #5
nightOwl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverreef View Post
I basically run my fuge opposite of my display light. When the moon lights come on 815pm ish the larger lights start to dim (30%) or so and as the sun set the moon lights ramp up and my LEDs drop off. As the moon lights ramp up so does my fuge lighting. And just opposite in the am 6amish the five lights are off but about 4am they start to dim (30%) ish and they taper off at about 615 am. Hope that helps.

Great that helps...Its funny this QT is letting me fine tune a whole list of things I always say I will get around too. LOL.