Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/21/2018, 05:06 PM   #1
natanitelite
Registered Member

Deltec

Hello.

I am gathering equipment for my next build, and I see that you are the supplier for the Deltec skimmers.

I was looking at the SCA 1660H, but wondering if that's overkill and I should go with the 1455H instead?

The display is 180gal with another ~50 in the sump. Mixed reef, but with mostly SPS. Would like some wiggle room as far as fish bioload goes.

Thanks.

natanitelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2018, 11:59 AM   #2
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by natanitelite View Post
Hello.

I am gathering equipment for my next build, and I see that you are the supplier for the Deltec skimmers.

I was looking at the SCA 1660H, but wondering if that's overkill and I should go with the 1455H instead?

The display is 180gal with another ~50 in the sump. Mixed reef, but with mostly SPS. Would like some wiggle room as far as fish bioload goes.

Thanks.
Forgive the delay in responding. Even though we're subscribed to our forum here on RC, we're not notified when someone starts a new thread ... only when someone replies to a thread we've created or replied to. Perhaps this is my own user error so I reached out to the admins here to help us out so we can be more responsive.

In any case, the SCA 1660H would be oversized for a 180 gal aquarium and the 1455H is going to be perfect. The 1455H is rated for up to 200 gal in a heavy bioload and 260 gal with a med-low bioload.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Deltec_S...PSISNW-vi.html

If you have any more questions, we'll receive your replies now ... so we should respond more quickly. You can also reach us directly by emailing social@marinedepot.com.

Jeff (and Christian) @ Marine Depot

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2018, 08:09 AM   #3
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hello.

Thanks.
Settings have been updated for us here so we'll receive all your posts in the future.

Unread 04/26/2018, 06:48 PM   #4
natanitelite
Registered Member

Awesome, thank you! It's not every day you see a business suggest the cheaper product. I appreciate you!

Unread 04/27/2018, 09:27 AM   #5
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Awesome, thank you! It's not every day you see a business suggest the cheaper product. I appreciate you!
Happy to help!

Jeff @ Marine Depot