Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/18/2019, 08:23 PM   #1
dinger28
Registered Member

Water level off

Hey guys. I have been away from The hobby for about a year and a half and got the itch again. Purchased a 93 gallon cube and we leveled the stand but the water level seems like an eighth of an inch off. One of the pictures below with the light on is from the guy I purchased it from. He has had this tank for one and a half years. Apparently it has been like this the whole time. Would anyone drain the tank and re-level it? As I mentioned the stand is pretty much a level, so not sure what’s going on. Any advice is helpful. Thank you

Update. Still trying to figure out how to add pictures That are small enough and size. All mine are above the 120 kb. Any suggestions possibly?

dinger28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2019, 05:56 PM   #2
Uncle99
Crab Free Zone

If your stand is level, the top of the stand is level, then the tank is not sitting flush.

Uncle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2019, 08:29 PM   #3
dinger28
Registered Member

It’s strange because I went to see if the water level was level and it was. I did it with a 2 foot long level. Went to look at the stand again and it actually is off level by about an 1/8 of an inch. Hmmm

dinger28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cube, level, leveling stand, off level