Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/23/2014, 11:26 AM   #1
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Arrow NEW! AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactor

Eliminate the need for 2-part dosing in reef tanks up to 50-gallons with the all-new AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactor. Now in stock and ready to ship today!

INTRODUCING THE AQUAMAXX S-NANO CALCIUM REACTOR

AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactors use an up-flow design to mix saltwater, calcium carbonate and CO2 inside a reaction chamber to eliminate the need for daily two-part dosing. Not only will the AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactor keep your levels balanced, you will no longer have to calculate daily dosages for your tank. With a seamless body, removable lid for quick media access and a small, space-saving design, the AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactor is truly one-of-a-kind.

GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactors are computer-precision engineered and utilize the latest aquarium technology to deliver unparalleled performance and value. Despite its small form factor, the Nano Star is rated for aquariums up to 50 gallons.

With a built-in a pH probe holder, you can easily keep an eye on the pH inside the calcium reactor with a pH monitor or control the CO2 with a pH controller. A CO2 recovery system re-injects excess/unused CO2. This helps lower CO2 usage and minimizes excess CO2 from going back into your aquarium.

HOBBYIST-FRIENDLY DESIGN FOR QUICK AND EASY MAINTENANCE
AquaMaxx Calcium Reactors were designed from the ground up with the aquarium hobbyist in mind. The computer precision-cut enclosure makes the reactor look and feel seamless. There is only one cord on the reactor: the power cord.

Cleaning and maintenance is simple.

The workhorse powering the AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactor is the pump. Each reactor is equipped with an Italian-made Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5 pump. These pumps were chosen specifically for their small footprint, energy-efficient design and whisper-quiet operation.

FEATURES & BENEFITS
  • Simple setup and easy installation.
  • Up-flow design prevents clogging and improves water circulation.
  • Thumbscrews allow for easy lid removal. Easy to clean and service!
  • Use any calcium reactor media you desire with the S-NANO.

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Overall height: 15.4” (not including hoses)
  • Pump: Italian-made SICCE Syncra Silent 0.5
  • Reaction tube diameter: 2 3/4”
  • Chamber capacity: 0.5 L
  • Footprint: 7.1” x 4.2”
  • Capacity: Up to 50 Gallons

*Calcium reactor media and CO2 system sold separately.

AquaMaxx products are backed by a 60-day return policy and a one-year limited factory warranty. AquaMaxx Calcium Reactors are shipped with detailed instructions and diagrams to help you get up and running quickly.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2014, 07:51 PM   #2
bryn.sessums1
Registered Member

I have been looking for a reactor for my mixed reef 40 breeder. how long are the lines? Could it function as a HOB or are the lines long enough to reach from under the stand to the display tank?

bryn.sessums1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2014, 10:55 AM   #3
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Hi bryn.sessums1,

The reactor comes with just a couple of feet of tubing: enough if the reactor is next to the tank or sump. It does use standard RO tubing: which we offer very inexpensively at 25 cents per foot.

This model is not a hang-on model so it will need to be placed on a solid surface.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Unread 01/26/2016, 01:34 PM   #4
chgoblknazn
Registered Member

Is anyone using one of these?

Unread 01/26/2016, 01:49 PM   #5
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chgoblknazn View Post
Is anyone using one of these?
We've sold a couple dozen recently so hopefully some folks chime in with their experience. We run a larger sized AquaMaxx calcium reactor here in the office with great success!

Unread 02/11/2016, 04:29 PM   #6
Renzema
Registered Member

Just purchased for my new nano tank. Was delivered this afternoon. Hopefully can give a review in a few a weeks.

Renzema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/11/2016, 04:33 PM   #7
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzema View Post
Just purchased for my new nano tank. Was delivered this afternoon. Hopefully can give a review in a few a weeks.
Thank you for shopping with us! Give us a ring if you need any help along the way! 1-800-566-FISH (3474). Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Unread 03/04/2016, 08:35 AM   #8
Volcom698
Registered Member

I know this thread is old but I'm just seeing if anyone has one of these and can tell me how they are. I'm trying to figure out if these are worth it for nano tanks or to just use 2 part and a dosing pump. I have a 30 gallon tank with a 15 gallon sump and will be an all SPS tank. Anyone have one of these and can share how they are.

Volcom698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/04/2016, 10:43 AM   #9
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom698 View Post
I know this thread is old but I'm just seeing if anyone has one of these and can tell me how they are. I'm trying to figure out if these are worth it for nano tanks or to just use 2 part and a dosing pump. I have a 30 gallon tank with a 15 gallon sump and will be an all SPS tank. Anyone have one of these and can share how they are.
From a cost perspective, 2-part with a dosing pump is definitely more economical. However, one advantage of a calcium reactor is that you are melting down exactly what you are trying to grow: including all the minor and trace minerals. Results often speak for themselves

Hopefully, someone will chime in with specific feedback regarding the S-Nano reactor itself.

Unread 03/08/2016, 06:44 PM   #10
Renzema
Registered Member

I've been running this reactor for almost a month now. Ready to make some comment about it.

My first impression was the build quality is good. I have concerned about the connection of the pump, but it is done well. The o-ring can be a pain to get to seat. After I stretched it quite a bit I was able to get a good seal. The tubing that comes with it, I just tossed since I couldn't get a nice connection with it. Personally prefer the more rigid 1/4" tubing anyways. I am using an aqualifter pump to feed it, and it seems more than enough.

The instructions are a little difficult to figure out where you should hook up each line. FYI, be sure to connect the venturi line to the upper most connection, and the CO2 input just below it. It will make it pull the CO2 MUCH better, and prevents from getting a bubble at the top. The pump is near silent expect when it is chopping CO2 bubbles up.

After assembly and break, I was able to dial it in pretty quickly. It has kept my 34g heavy sps and clam tank at 450 calcium, 9.5 alk, and 1300 mg, and I haven't had any ph issues still holding strong at 8.2. Be aware though with the small size of the reactor, the ph inside the reactor is hard to maintain. My CO2 regulator gets quite the workout constantly switching on and off.

Overall I'm satisfied, I needed something that would fit into a small spot. This reactor was the only one that could do it, and it has been preforming well so far.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Last edited by Renzema; 03/08/2016 at 06:50 PM.
Unread 03/09/2016, 10:30 AM   #11
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
I've been running this reactor for almost a month now. Ready to make some comment about it.

My first impression was the build quality is good. I have concerned about the connection of the pump, but it is done well. The o-ring can be a pain to get to seat. After I stretched it quite a bit I was able to get a good seal. The tubing that comes with it, I just tossed since I couldn't get a nice connection with it. Personally prefer the more rigid 1/4" tubing anyways. I am using an aqualifter pump to feed it, and it seems more than enough.

The instructions are a little difficult to figure out where you should hook up each line. FYI, be sure to connect the venturi line to the upper most connection, and the CO2 input just below it. It will make it pull the CO2 MUCH better, and prevents from getting a bubble at the top. The pump is near silent expect when it is chopping CO2 bubbles up.

After assembly and break, I was able to dial it in pretty quickly. It has kept my 34g heavy sps and clam tank at 450 calcium, 9.5 alk, and 1300 mg, and I haven't had any ph issues still holding strong at 8.2. Be aware though with the small size of the reactor, the ph inside the reactor is hard to maintain. My CO2 regulator gets quite the workout constantly switching on and off.

Overall I'm satisfied, I needed something that would fit into a small spot. This reactor was the only one that could do it, and it has been preforming well so far.

Thank you for chiming in and sharing such valuable insights!

Unread 03/09/2016, 12:29 PM   #12
chgoblknazn
Registered Member

Quote:

What tubing did you use to replace the stock tubing and how do you fill the bubble counter? What is your target Ph inside the reactor and are you dripping the effluent or is it a steady stream. I bought one as well and have been using it for a few weeks. My regulator is getting a workout too, as the Ph inside the reactor fluctuates quickly and continuously. I went with this reactor due to size limitations and I like the brand.

Unread 03/09/2016, 12:44 PM   #13
Renzema
Registered Member

I got the water line tubing from home depot. With those slip connections, that soft line stuff just is prone to leaking(my opinion).

Currently running ARM coarse media at 6.25 with a variance of 0.10.

The drip rate is about 1 per second to 1.5 per second. Was running faster but the reactor was dosing to much.

Unread 06/29/2016, 02:24 PM   #14
spoknmind
Registered Member

Hey! Just bought the Red Sea Reefer 170. Its tight underneath the tank. Would this fit?

spoknmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/2016, 03:07 PM   #15
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Smile AquaMaxx S-NANO Calcium Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoknmind View Post
Hey! Just bought the Red Sea Reefer 170. Its tight underneath the tank. Would this fit?
It is difficult to say for sure without physically have the tank/sump/cabinet set up here to know precisely how much space you are working with between whatever other equipment you will have inside the stand.

That said, it does appear very likely you will have space next to the sump to place the S-NANO. I would then assume the CO2 tank would sit outside the stand.

For reference, the reactor itself is 15.4" tall (not including the hoses, which would make it several inches taller) and has a footprint of 7.1" x 4.2". Technically, you could place the reactor inside your sump if you wanted to. Although we probably wouldn't...

Tags
aquamaxx, calcium reactor, marine depot, s-nano, star calcium reactor