Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/14/2016, 07:52 AM   #1
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Aquaforest products- Component 1+2+3+

Last edited by Aquaforest; 01/14/2016 at 08:09 AM.
Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2016, 07:22 PM   #2
MichaelW
Registered Member

I have just a few questions about this balling type system

1. Some Alk and calcium supplements I have used in the past are balanced (same dose requires of each) where some I dose a lot more alk than Calcium. Currently I dose way more alkalinity supplement than Calcium to keep my parameters stable. Does you supplements tend to need about the same dosage of each?
2. Your mag supplement is part of the calcium supplement.right now i do not need to dose magnesium as it seems to be kept in line with water changes and doesn't deplete in my system. Wouldn't it having to be dosed with calcium keep raising my mg way higher than I want?

3. The component 3 is mineral salts. How do we know how much to dose. It is not like all where we test consumption. Do you just dose the same as the amounts you dose for the other components? This must assume both alk and calcium demand the same volume of dosing)

I have stayed using many of your other products and really like the results so I was thinking of swithching from fauna marin balling lite to your system but just had these questions. Thanks for any response.

MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/02/2016, 09:33 AM   #3
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
I have just a few questions about this balling type system

1. Some Alk and calcium supplements I have used in the past are balanced (same dose requires of each) where some I dose a lot more alk than Calcium. Currently I dose way more alkalinity supplement than Calcium to keep my parameters stable. Does you supplements tend to need about the same dosage of each?
2. Your mag supplement is part of the calcium supplement.right now i do not need to dose magnesium as it seems to be kept in line with water changes and doesn't deplete in my system. Wouldn't it having to be dosed with calcium keep raising my mg way higher than I want?

3. The component 3 is mineral salts. How do we know how much to dose. It is not like all where we test consumption. Do you just dose the same as the amounts you dose for the other components? This must assume both alk and calcium demand the same volume of dosing)

I have stayed using many of your other products and really like the results so I was thinking of swithching from fauna marin balling lite to your system but just had these questions. Thanks for any response.
Hello,
Thank You for Your questions.

We recommend to dose every Components in the same dose.

For example:
Component 1+ - 100ml
Component 2+ - 100ml
Component 3+ - 100ml

If some macroelement is lower than optimum water parameters You Can use Calcium, Magnesium or Kh Buffer separate.
Component1+2+3+ contains microelements also so we do not recommend to use that to rise for example Ca only - because microelements will also rise.

Component 3+ contains Reef Mineral Salt and We recommend to use that in the same dose like every Components.

Can You tell us how much You dosing Balling method and what is Your water parameters?

Regards,
Aquaforest

Unread 02/02/2016, 02:58 PM   #4
MichaelW
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Hello,

For example:
Component 1+ - 100ml
Component 2+ - 100ml
Component 3+ - 100ml

If some macroelement is lower than optimum water parameters You Can use Calcium, Magnesium or Kh Buffer separate.
Component1+2+3+ contains microelements also so we do not recommend to use that to rise for example Ca only - because microelements will also rise.

Component 3+ contains Reef Mineral Salt and We recommend to use that in the same dose like every Components.

Can You tell us how much You dosing Balling method and what is Your water parameters?

Regards,
Aquaforest
Right now I use the fauna marin balling lite method which also uses trace elements in containers but the 3 containers. Alk, calcium, mag. No container for mineral salts.
I dose ;
Alk 210 ml per day
Calcium 70 ml per day
Mag 0 ml per day

As you can tell very different amounts.
This dosing keeps my params as;
Alk 7.1
Ca 410
Mg 1350

Unread 02/03/2016, 02:59 AM   #5
paal
Registered Member

Quote:
Hello,

For example:
Component 1+ - 100ml
Component 2+ - 100ml
Component 3+ - 100ml

Regards,
Aquaforest
Hello,
I will start a new tank shortly, and have planned to run your products from day one.
I have not used Aquaforest Comp 1/2/3 before, so I do not know if this will be an issue, but when I used to run balling light on my previous tank, I had to dose slightly different amounts from the three canisters because Mg/Alk/Ca had small "unbalances".

Maybe Aquaforest Comp 1/2/3 will give me great values with identical dosings, but for now, let us assume it will not and I therefore will have to add additional Calcium, Magnesium or Kh Buffer like described above.

I currently only have a 3-channel dosing pump, and I do not want to dose manually. Would I have to buy new dosing pumps for pure Calcium, Magnesium and Kh Buffer, or could I just add some of this to the corresponding Aquaforest Comp 1/2/3 canisters to "spike them up" if values are not perfect?

Hopefully that made sense

paal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2016, 02:17 PM   #6
MichaelW
Registered Member

Also would I not have the issue of mag raising when dosing calcium if my tank is not having any magnesium demand? Currently my mag stays at 1350 1400 with no dosing

Unread 02/15/2016, 12:21 PM   #7
MichaelW
Registered Member

Is there any response to this? I have nearly used all my current balling mixtures and wanted to go with AF balling system but right now I don't add Magnesium, and didn't want to raise my mag when dosing ca.not sure why my mag sits at 1400 with no dosing... Salt mix isn't supposed to be that high.

Unread 02/15/2016, 01:55 PM   #8
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

Logic tells me you need to get all in line before the equal parts are to be administered. In a healthy environment, all of the elements are consumed equally.

Unread 02/15/2016, 01:59 PM   #9
MichaelW
Registered Member

Alk is 7.5, ca 400, mag 1350-1400, very solid for a long time. I believe everything is inline, I just don't need to dose mag.

Unread 02/15/2016, 02:22 PM   #10
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

If it were me I would have two options.

Start the Components 1,2, and 3 and watch and observe levels over the next couple weeks.

or

Start 2, and 3, and manually dose Calcium while Mg dropped. Note: you would be missing Sr, Ba, Co, Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, Ni, Cr components that normally come with dosing Part 1.

Unread 02/15/2016, 02:43 PM   #11
MichaelW
Registered Member

Yeah I think I will switch and just monitor 2 see what happens. Currently my dosing is way more for all with fauna marin balling lite. From my reading this is normal and most people do not dose equal.. The question becomes do I dose equal amounts of all three AF products based on my current all amount or calcium amount. I hope ca as it's way less

Unread 02/15/2016, 03:23 PM   #12
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

According to my readings, the animals will always uptake equal parts in a healthy environment. The "healthy environment" part always get me, but assume it means temp, lighting, flow, and nutrients, etc.

Unread 02/15/2016, 03:44 PM   #13
MichaelW
Registered Member

Not all products have the same concentraion therefore the amount dosed may not be equal yet the actual amount of calcium and carbonated might be

Unread 02/29/2016, 07:50 PM   #14
MichaelW
Registered Member

Is it best to work out the dose to maintain alk and match the other 2 doses to that? Again I still have the concern of what if my dose amounts needed are not equal and the adding mag if I don't need 2. But these questions havnt really been addresed.

Unread 02/29/2016, 10:12 PM   #15
fessoclown
Dis-Membered

Quote:
Is it best to work out the dose to maintain alk and match the other 2 doses to that? Again I still have the concern of what if my dose amounts needed are not equal and the adding mag if I don't need 2. But these questions havnt really been addresed.

Following along... Would also like an explanation.

Unread 02/29/2016, 10:43 PM   #16
Jimmy75
Registered Member

Quote:
You should balance them first by dosing individually before using one of them, like alk, to dose them in equal parts using +1+2+3. This is what was shared with me by others.

Jimmy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2016, 03:02 PM   #17
MichaelW
Registered Member

They are balanced.but currently they are kept in balance with no magnesium dosing and not equal quantities of fauna marin balling lite solutions. I actually don't know any one using fauna marin that doses equal amounts of all 3.
But to work out what the dose of all 3 AF products do you work off of alk consumption..for example I need 35ml of alk solution daily to keep alk where I want it, so I will dose 35ml of all 3 containers.

Unread 03/03/2016, 10:10 AM   #18
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy75 View Post
You should balance them first by dosing individually before using one of them, like alk, to dose them in equal parts using +1+2+3. This is what was shared with me by others.
Component1+2+3+ contains microelements also that's why We are not recommend to dose individual Components to rise individual Macroelements.

Regards,
Aquaforest

Unread 03/03/2016, 03:22 PM   #19
MichaelW
Registered Member

Quote:
Component1+2+3+ contains microelements also that's why We are not recommend to dose individual Components to rise individual Macroelements.

Regards,
Aquaforest
Yes this I understand, my question was about working out the dosage for all 3 containers is it best to work out amount needed to maintain alk and dose the other 2 the same? How about the fact I currently don't need to dose mg but it is included with calcium?

Unread 03/04/2016, 03:09 AM   #20
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Didi You try to dose every components in the same dosage?

For example 150ml-150ml-150ml?

Unread 03/04/2016, 02:59 PM   #21
MichaelW
Registered Member

Quote:
Didi You try to dose every components in the same dosage?

For example 150ml-150ml-150ml?
I have not used your product yet. I wanted to get some answers to questions I had about the product before trying.
In your example you are basing the 150ml dose for each container based on the tanks alkalinity demand? So the tank needs 150 ml of alk component to keep alk steady, so dose 150 of all 3 components.
Like mentioned above, with my current products, I do not dose any magnesium and it stays in line. I do of course dose calcium...... With your product every time I dose calcium I will also dose magnesium... Therefore wouldn't my magnesium raise above desired levels?

Unread 03/04/2016, 03:32 PM   #22
elviraveloz
Registered Member

When I first started ( two months ago ) I wasn't dosing magnesium. I started dosing based on my alkalinity demand which is 59ml and mag level stayed the same. I am having more difficulty stabilizing alkalinity because I was dosing kalkwasser on top off water and I stopped slowly. I don't buy pre mixed bottles, I bought components strong,kh buffer and mineral salt and I mix myself. At present using AF whole line. I use Reef salt because I control nitrates with denitrator.

elviraveloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/04/2016, 03:40 PM   #23
elviraveloz
Registered Member

Always be careful when switching to new products. I monitored the tank closely by testing 2x a day and started slowly, dosing manually if necessary.

elviraveloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2016, 08:03 AM   #24
Reefheart
Registered Member

Hi, I'm looking at starting dosing and considering these Aquaforest supplements. According to the website, dose 50ml/100l to raise CA by 9ppm. This seems a lot lower CA concentration than other products. I'm new to dosing, so might get this part wrong, wouldn't this means I need to add a lot more and increase salinity faster?

Reefheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2016, 05:08 PM   #25
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefheart View Post
Hi, I'm looking at starting dosing and considering these Aquaforest supplements. According to the website, dose 50ml/100l to raise CA by 9ppm. This seems a lot lower CA concentration than other products. I'm new to dosing, so might get this part wrong, wouldn't this means I need to add a lot more and increase salinity faster?
This is classic Balling Method.
Are You dosing Ca,Kh,Mg for now?