Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Connecticut Area Regional Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/16/2012, 09:25 AM   #26
Peale
Registered Member

I used Koralias before I got my Vortech and to be honest...the 3 times my Vortech has pooped out on me, I have used the Koralias as backup. I also use them for mixing water for water changes. Never had a problem with them.

40B drilled with glass-holes nano overflow box and 1/2" return, Mag 5 return pump, Vortech MP40w, NEP 36" T5 with ATI bulbs, BRS dual reactor, 16 gallon Reef Octopus sump and Reef Octopus skimmer, BRS 5 stage plus RO/DI, and a RKL to contol it all.
Peale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2012, 10:24 AM   #27
madlarkin
Registered Member

Never had any issues with mine in older tanks, but they were all the older models. Only "issues" I had were coraline-lack-of-maintenance related and solved once cleaned up.

Unread 05/16/2012, 10:46 AM   #28
Phishguy
Registered Member

I've used koralias for about 8-9 years. My first set, which are still in use, I have never had any trouble with. I also have 2- 750 and 2- 425's. I don't think you can beat them for the money. Since they are about 1/10th the cost of vortechs, they are a great deal, especially for beginners. Recently, I bought a tunze set with a controller and that's getting set up this weekend. Hope I get great life out of them too

Phishguy is offline   Reply With Quote