Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/19/2019, 06:11 AM   #1
origreefer
Registered Member

Current USA True lumen blue?

I recently set up a nano, put 3 trulumens in the hood, 2 of the white/blues and one 12k white. I'm not liking the bright white visual color of the tank, none of the blue color comes thru at all. Anyone use their 100% actinic strip and does that impart a blue hue when used with their 12k strips? I know the tank occupants are prob getting enough blue as is from the 50/50's, but I'd like some more blue for me for aesthetics.

Unread 10/11/2019, 08:24 PM   #2
micromax
Registered Member

I use 1 - 12 inch all blue bar in my 32 biocube led hood which impacts the stock color lighting a lot and I have it set ultra low as it’s alot of blue and can be over powering for my Lps shrooms and zoa tank. I like mine a lot

micromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2019, 05:59 AM   #3
Crusinjimbo
Registered Member

I use one all blue with an old AI Sol white running half power on my 13.5. It does an excellent job balancing the overall light toward the blue spectrum. It’s been running flawlessly for two years ��

13.5G EVO
Crusinjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote