Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/25/2017, 02:14 AM   #126
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSpeed13 View Post
well ill admit thats one great looking frag tank. can only imagine what the dt will look like when things start encrusting and growing.
Thank you. I hope it will look good.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/25/2017, 02:18 AM   #127
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
Luuuurrrvvveee it I was going to give you so much grief if you didn't get that flame wrasse!! haha
My wife is all like where did the extremely pretty fish come from! The flame and my Pintail have been flashing non stop. It is quite the show. My red headed wrasse is finally out and about a bit too. He is so shy. I need to get a cable to get the auto feeder setup on the DT too. All my fat fishes were starving when I got home from work.

Here is what happened to my fox flame frag. I think it has stopped dying but only time will tell.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Unread 11/02/2017, 05:40 PM   #128
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

The flame is an absolute stunner

Fingers crossed on the fox flame recovering though!!

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/2017, 09:33 PM   #129
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
The flame is an absolute stunner

Fingers crossed on the fox flame recovering though!!
Thank you. He is a flashing machine. I am going to be getting more flashers because of him. I wish I had the selection you have over there.

All of my coral seems to be turning the corner. It sucks when things are going bad but it makes me appreciate the good times. It also makes me simplify processes.

I finally got my good camera out and started messing. I should have cleaned the glass but I only had 20 minutes to mess around. I was able to get the white balance dialed in. That was what I didn't most of the time doing. That and getting my remote shutter release to work. (I didn't) here are some of the best. I can only get better from here too.

Unread 11/06/2017, 01:20 PM   #130
Pife
Registered Member

Anything look wrong here?

Unread 11/06/2017, 04:10 PM   #131
reefmutt
Registered Member

Does that say toxic next to the zinc level?
High uranium and boron???
Frags are looking good nonetheless.
And sexy flame wrasse!!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2017, 07:40 PM   #132
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Does that say toxic next to the zinc level?
High uranium and boron???
Frags are looking good nonetheless.
And sexy flame wrasse!!
Toxic at high levels

No kidding high uranium... I don't know where the boron would be coming from?

The frag tank has lost a lot of frags and still doesn't look like it's turned the corner.

He is a beaut.

Any tips for what lens to use for taking pictures? Some were with my 100mm macro and others with the kit lens.

Unread 11/07/2017, 06:54 AM   #133
reefmutt
Registered Member

Do you live near a nuclear reactor?!? Maybe the uranium is in the water. Hope not!
My 100 mm macro gives me the most crisp shots but not much flexibility.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 11/14/2017, 05:53 AM   #134
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Do you live near a nuclear reactor?!? Maybe the uranium is in the water. Hope not!
My 100 mm macro gives me the most crisp shots but not much flexibility.
Nope not close as far as I know. Downtown Saint Louis Missouri.

I'll just have to practice more. Do you crop more than 50 percent of any picture?

My system is turning around and may corals are taking off work growth and color is coming back around. I've been out of town for several days and my wife has been carrying for my tank and I was surprised by the growth. Now other corals have rtned but some that have been hit the hardest are starting to grow again.

Unread 11/14/2017, 07:15 AM   #135
reefmutt
Registered Member

Glad to hear things are getting into the growth swing..

I do crop some of my shots but if they get cropped a lot, you can start to see the clarity decline.
If I crop like that, I’ll resharpen the pic but it only helps a bit.
The higher the quality of the original pic, the better a cropped image will be.
Shooting in raw will give you the best end results..

Unread 11/16/2017, 10:00 PM   #136
Pife
Registered Member

Thanks for the tips. I'm hoping to take a ton of pictures tomorrow as I wait for the washing machine repair man.

My system is looking better and better every day. I'm noticing dramatic color changes daily. Pe is good and almost everything is growing again. My ph is back up high which is weird but when it's been nice and high I've had great growth. I'm keeping things simple and not dosing anything except vitamins daily and lots of food. I need to get a aquabus cable to get my Auto feeder setup on my DT. I plan on placing several more coral into my display tomorrow! Tomorrow is going to be mostly a blue coral day.

Unread 11/18/2017, 09:04 PM   #137
Pife
Registered Member

Some pictures of my new additions to my DT.

Unread 11/18/2017, 11:41 PM   #138
biggles
Registered Member

Really pleased to see things looking colorful and healthy again Brandon

You have a lot of cool fish Dave would stop me buying, i was looking at a beautiful Potter's angel last visit and even though i know i can't have one i wanted to tell Dave how pretty his specimen was so i called, ' hey Dave...'

' Nope, not a chance. '

This is why i don't normally pretend to be nice when i'm at the shop Brandon, total waste of time

Unread 11/19/2017, 11:45 AM   #139
drawman
Registered Member

Looks great Brandon! I love the rockwork it will make things look amazing with added growth!

Is the urchin still earning its keep? You have me thinking of adding one to my tank

Current tanks:
30 gallon rimless, G2 radion, Vertex 130, MP10w
60 gallon rimless, G3 radion, Vertex 130, MP40QD

Last edited by drawman; 11/19/2017 at 11:56 AM.
drawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2017, 03:58 PM   #140
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Loving it man! The scape gets cooler with every update

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2017, 10:09 AM   #141
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
Really pleased to see things looking colorful and healthy again Brandon

You have a lot of cool fish Dave would stop me buying, i was looking at a beautiful Potter's angel last visit and even though i know i can't have one i wanted to tell Dave how pretty his specimen was so i called, ' hey Dave...'

' Nope, not a chance. '

This is why i don't normally pretend to be nice when i'm at the shop Brandon, total waste of time

Thanks. I'm adding a few more tonight from a friend breaking down his system. A Regal Angel, and a pair of earmuff wrasse.

That Dave guy sounds like a good guy to have in your corner. I couldn't belive he snapped a picture of you. That was me asking about you. Lol

How's your angel doing? Pe looks like it might have been effected.

Unread 11/20/2017, 10:13 AM   #142
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawman View Post
Looks great Brandon! I love the rockwork it will make things look amazing with added growth!

Is the urchin still earning its keep? You have me thinking of adding one to my tank
Thank you. I think it's coming around. I have about a dozen or so more corals to add.

I love the urchin. They will be in every system of mine from here on out. They are Great algae eaters and it doesn't mess with my corals as I glue them with super glue and water weld.

I'd never put one in a frag tank.

Unread 11/20/2017, 10:14 AM   #143
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Loving it man! The scape gets cooler with every update
Thanks. I can't wait for it to be grown in but it's a double edged sword...

Unread 11/20/2017, 08:17 PM   #144
Pife
Registered Member

Since pictures of my new fish. The warasses buried so no pictures of them yet.

Unread 11/21/2017, 09:27 PM   #145
reefmutt
Registered Member

Hey Brandon, nice leopards and regal.
What’s the other wrasse?

Unread 11/24/2017, 05:58 AM   #146
Pife
Registered Member

That's a Pintail fairy wrasse.

Unread 11/24/2017, 11:22 AM   #147
watchguy123
Registered Member

Regals are stunning angels. And the mis-bar is pretty cool. I tried a regal, majestic and emperor Angel a couple years ago. Stunning fish but they reduced daytime polyp extension dramatically. I don’t think they harmed anything though, just reduced polyp extension. I think regals are one of the most spectacular saltwater fish. Looking forward to pictures of your earmuff wrasses—beauties as well

watchguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2017, 11:01 AM   #148
Pife
Registered Member

Thanks. Did you add the angels all at once? Did you find one picked more than the others?

Here's a couple pictures of the earmuffs. I need to download some of the better pictures off my camera.

Unread 11/26/2017, 08:03 PM   #149
Pife
Registered Member

Is not very often I see all nineteen fish. I think I got them all in the picture too. The red mandarin is hardest to see in the rock work.

There were twenty until Thanksgiving day. My favorite fish passed. He was a red headed wrasse. The night before he died he was only half buried and I thought that war very odd. RIP LIL BUDDY

Unread 12/01/2017, 01:55 PM   #150
Pife
Registered Member

Just a reminder to check your apex settings. For some reason when I updated my apex my auto feeder got switched to a heater and has been feeding tons of food for a couple of months. I've been fighting higher than normal nutrients and only found this by accident. Changed it to six feedings a day and my nitrates bottomed out in 2 days. I'm turning down carbon dosing daily until I get a good balance.