Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/21/2018, 06:33 PM   #1
cedwards04
Registered Member

Looking for opinions on im nuvo int 100

I am planning a build that should happen over the next year or so, and want a tank with dimensions of 48x24x20, which is fairly hard to find. The innovative marine nuvo int 100 is the right size, but i am not familiar with their build quality/fit and finish. Im looking for something high end, i want nice straight seems, black silicone, rimless or euro braced. I have been strongly considering a custom build just because i am afraid of buying something i wont be happy with.

Thoughts?

cedwards04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2018, 07:49 PM   #2
Cdogsailr
Registered Member

I've owned and operated the IM Nuvo Nano and the Pico for many years and have had no trouble with build quality. Both are salt and have been good well designed tanks for me. A few have had some bad experiences but mine is nothing but good.

Cdogsailr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2018, 03:17 PM   #3
Timberwerks
Registered Member

I'm thinking about the 75 gallon version. Just wondering how difficult it will be to keep the black acrylic back clean without scratching. Thoughts anyone?

Unread 06/22/2018, 07:10 PM   #4
NISMO703
Registered Member

Its preetty easy to keep the black acrylic clean, just have to stay on top of it. I bought a glass scraper (forgot the brand) that has interchangeable blades from Drs Fosters. It comes with a felt scraper, metal scraper and plastic one. I didnt clean the back of my nuvo 40 for a couple months and coraline algae was all over it. The metal scraper made quick work of it but I noticed It was leaving small scratches so I switched to the plastic scrapper. I had to use a lot more elbow grease with the plastic scraper but no scratches. Id imagine you could use a credit card also to prevent the scratches.

Living Room IM Fusion 40 - Kessil A360we - currently cycling
NISMO703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2018, 07:05 AM   #5
cedwards04
Registered Member

My biggest concern is that on the 100, the back acrylic panel is curved instead of straight. I feel like this will make it difficult to scrape. I have almost talked myself out kf it for that reason. I like a black background and do not want it covered in coraline.

Unread 06/23/2018, 07:29 AM   #6
Conchman
Registered Member

I had a 20 a Fusion before my 50SCA. The 20, the overflow area, the middle of it bows. It’s a known problem. Major issue no, however it does speak it IM’s fit and finish. I would not trust a larger IM, that however is just me...

Conchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2018, 07:36 AM   #7
Timberwerks
Registered Member

The Waterbox tank have similar dimensions & all glass. They however don't have a tank only option. Also they are are fairly new company and I'm not sure of long term reviews at this point. The special pricing for the new INT tank is good till end of July so there is time for more research & reviews. If only the Redaea was a 24" deep tank it would be a bit more easy to decide.

Unread 06/23/2018, 08:42 PM   #8
cedwards04
Registered Member

I looked at the waterbox also, but unfortunately the sump design just doesnt work for how i intend to set the tank up. I want to eventually run the triton method, maybe even straight from the start, which means i need a 10-20gallon refugium before the skimmer. Cant do that with the waterbox. I did email them to see if they would consider selling just the tank, never heard back.

I priced a custom build from reefsavvy, yikes! Haha

I also priced all the glass to just do it myself, and i think this is the route i will go. Im super handy and build things all the time, so i believe i have the skills and tools to pull it off. Im also extremely ocd about things, and i want this tank as close to perfection as possible. Im not sure i trust someone else to do as good a job as i will.