Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/11/2017, 03:39 PM   #2526
Geeray
Registered Member

I think you need to work on your colors abit Matt... Just kidding everything looks fabulous!

Unread 08/11/2017, 05:45 PM   #2527
tripdad
Frustrated Stick Gardener

Hey Matt, nice video. It shows how big some of your colonies are getting, I had not realized the growth from just the photo's. It won't be long and you will be having an acro war in some spots, but that's a good problem, right? It all looks good, colors are looking better every time I see pics.

Current tank: 65 gal DSA rimless, mixed reef, 20 gal sump, T5 6bulb, big skimmer, 40B Fowler, 20 gal sump, 4 bulb T5
tripdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/11/2017, 05:50 PM   #2528
cFloor
Registered Member

Whoa! Matt, that video was insane. Your corals are looking epic!!

Instagram: @cfloorsaltwater
cFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2017, 01:47 PM   #2529
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeray View Post
I think you need to work on your colors abit Matt... Just kidding everything looks fabulous!
thanks, but actually, I'm ALWAYS working in colours..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripdad View Post
Hey Matt, nice video. It shows how big some of your colonies are getting, I had not realized the growth from just the photo's. It won't be long and you will be having an acro war in some spots, but that's a good problem, right? It all looks good, colors are looking better every time I see pics.
Thanks Scott. Yep, I'll be dragging and cutting very soon. I have already begun on some.. and yes, it's a good problem to have!
Some corals are growing like weeds and other ain't doing much.. par for the course, I guess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cFloor View Post
Whoa! Matt, that video was insane. Your corals are looking epic!!
Thanks Connor!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2017, 12:46 AM   #2530
watchguy123
Registered Member

Nice to see your acro overgrowth problem. Nice problem to have. Your tank is doing so well

watchguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2017, 07:22 AM   #2531
reefmutt
Registered Member

Thanks Mark. Too much growth is a good problem. Except for that monti on the left. It's getting all over. I'll break it back but eventually I might have to tear down the whole left side and rebuild... oh boy...

Now, I'm not sure what to do with this thread.
I'm disgusted by Photobucket and will be cancelling my account..or at least not using PB any longer. I'll probably go to Flickr. I guess I'll just leav this bread as is and it'll keep the links until end of 2018 when PB says they will force me to start paying $400/yr

The thought of trying to go back and refill the photos with links from a new site is daunting.
I could probably handle a page or two but then what's the point?
I might have to close this baby up.. hm

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 08/14/2017, 08:06 AM   #2532
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post

The thought of trying to go back and refill the photos with links from a new site is daunting.
This is exactly what I have started to do Matt. I asked the same question to myself. I felt that not re-populating my images is like throwing away my own diary. I asked further questions, e.g. why did I start my thread and take so many photos in the first place if they are going to be confined in the dustbin of history? I guess people's answers to this type of question may well be different and consequently they may take different actions, which must be respected.

I know that it will take a long time, but I will do it in the end. That said, I will probably give up if my new host, FlickR, does the same thing. To reduce this kind of risk, I am likely to use a distributed model whereby I distribute my images across different hosts.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]

Last edited by DiscusHeckel; 08/14/2017 at 08:26 AM.
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2017, 10:22 AM   #2533
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
This is exactly what I have started to do Matt. I asked the same question to myself. I felt that not re-populating my images is like throwing away my own diary. I asked further questions, e.g. why did I start my thread and take so many photos in the first place if they are going to be confined in the dustbin of history? I guess people's answers to this type of question may well be different and consequently they may take different actions, which must be respected.

I know that it will take a long time, but I will do it in the end. That said, I will probably give up if my new host, FlickR, does the same thing. To reduce this kind of risk, I am likely to use a distributed model whereby I distribute my images across different hosts.
I started to do it and when I got locked out of my flikr account I tried Tapatalk and haven't looked back. It is so easy to use. I suggest you guys giving it a try as there is no more copy and paste!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2017, 03:04 AM   #2534
biggles
Registered Member

Quote:
Now, I'm not sure what to do with this thread.
I'm disgusted by Photobucket and will be cancelling my account..or at least not using PB any longer. I'll probably go to Flickr. I guess I'll just leav this bread as is and it'll keep the links until end of 2018 when PB says they will force me to start paying $400/yr

If you just keep the thread going with a new image host and don't go back and replace the lost links at the end of 2018 i don't think anyone would mind one bit Matt. I don't think you should consider it as a must do if your journal continues so perhaps think about it some more from a different perspective.

Personally, given the unusual circumstances i would prefer to delete my entire journal since it was basically pics with a few words in between lol.

I just don't have it in me Bulent, but i do understand the sentiments you expressed mate.

Unread 08/15/2017, 03:28 AM   #2535
FloformAustria
Registered Member

Yes Matt keep the thread running!!

I have to figure out what to do myself.
For now I'm just using the upload function of tabatalk but soon I have to take better pictures and then I don't know for now...

I loved the video few pages back!! For me it was a bit like snorkeling!! Love it

But take care of those bubble algae! A real pest...

Cheers buddy

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2017, 07:21 AM   #2536
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Matt, joining your thread. The owner of my favorite thread is taking a sabbatical. From the looks of things, this thread is way better.

Marty

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 05:50 PM   #2537
reefmutt
Registered Member

Well, haven't been around too much lately.. getting busy with soccer tournaments and hockey tryouts and the whole finding a new photo hosting site sort of halted my momentum.
Bulent, you are a better man than I! I do not have trying to repopulate the images in this thread.
I will take Flo's advice and just continue with a new host. Path of least resistance- like your name Flo!
But I can bring myself to do what Andrew is doing!
Brandon, I thought about tapatalk but I don't feel like getting he hang of another app so postimage it is!
Marty, welcome aboard! This thread is indeed way better than no thread at all!
And without further adieu, photos...
I'll start close up and work out, I figure..
Here's my Walt Disney frag. Lineage not 100% confirmed.

And here's a couple shots I've never taken before just because the corals are tough to reach...
This one I've macroed before and recently it really started to grow. It is completely hidden by my orange passion and can't be seen from the front of the tank. It was called acrodesiac when I got it but it sure looks like a limeade nasuta..

And this is a wild Aussie frag on the left, another Aussie in the middle and a Red Robin on the right. These corals are also difficult to see from standing in front of the tank..

Good ol classic Garf Bonsai.. up close!

Neat pair.. the dragon is just a generic deep water.. looks like needle in a haystack.. the other was a no name freebie from Fragbox but I suspect it is gta reef's cotton candy..

I hope these all upload..

Unread 08/21/2017, 06:00 PM   #2538
reefmutt
Registered Member

Cool! It worked!! Got plenty more. This may be a two day photosump..
Pink tips

Ice fire branch..

Orange passion branch..

Just some colours

More colours..

Not sure.. I think this is a no name..

Suharsonoi?

New growth on an Aussie tabler.

Unread 08/21/2017, 06:00 PM   #2539
slavetonet
Registered Member

Walt Disney doesn't look that special in a white spectrum light.
Like my tank which is 10,000 kelvin - it would look very ordinary indeed.

slavetonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 06:07 PM   #2540
reefmutt
Registered Member

More dammit!
Oh.. the reason I'm never happy with my pe..

A blue wild Aussie frag that may be my favorite coral in the tank next to a Bonsai wannabe..

Rainbow tenuis matrix. Still happy

Another tenuis. Just beginning to show some colours.. was called RR pink lady, for what it's worth..

Unread 08/21/2017, 06:09 PM   #2541
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetonet View Post
Walt Disney doesn't look that special in a white spectrum light.
Like my tank which is 10,000 kelvin - it would look very ordinary indeed.
Agreed! However, like all of these tenuis pieces, they gain in colour and beauty as they grow.. we shall see...it should at least get some pink highlights..

Unread 08/21/2017, 06:28 PM   #2542
Pife
Registered Member

Great pictures Matt! What hockey team are you trying out for. Jk. How do you keep deep water acros alive? My ice fires always do well and then rtn.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Unread 08/21/2017, 06:39 PM   #2543
reefmutt
Registered Member

Thanks!
Girls peewee AA and AAA.. I have long felt that i had it in me and now is my chance!

I can't tell you what is working for my Ice Fire- i really don't know! but it is working. Although still small, it has doubled in size and fought off encrusting from a rival coral which I have since scraped away..

Unread 08/21/2017, 07:03 PM   #2544
codydemmel4
Registered Member

everything looks great Matt!

SPS Dominant 180 gallon.

Link to my tank: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618245
codydemmel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 08:02 PM   #2545
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks!
Girls peewee AA and AAA.. I have long felt that i had it in me and now is my chance!

I can't tell you what is working for my Ice Fire- i really don't know! but it is working. Although still small, it has doubled in size and fought off encrusting from a rival coral which I have since scraped away..
What type of flow is it getting hit with? 2 days worth of pictures? This is gong to be epic.

Unread 08/21/2017, 10:30 PM   #2546
FloformAustria
Registered Member

Wow Matt your pictures look awesome!! Those colors!!

Glad that you keep your thread going!!!

Did you host those picture via Photobucket or have you found something new?

Cheers

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/22/2017, 04:03 AM   #2547
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

GAAAWWWJJUUUUSSS gonna have to print of some pics and threaten my acro's with them!

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/22/2017, 05:04 AM   #2548
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Stunning pictures Matt. This one is my favourite:

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
Unread 08/22/2017, 08:32 AM   #2549
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydemmel4 View Post
everything looks great Matt!
Hey Cody, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
What type of flow is it getting hit with? 2 days worth of pictures? This is gong to be epic.

It gets a good, wide 60 second 'blast' every other minute. It is on the other side of a gyre which pushes every 60 seconds for 60 seconds. By the time the water gets across the tank, it is a good moving wall of water.
It is also placed in the lower third of the tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloformAustria View Post
Wow Matt your pictures look awesome!! Those colors!!

Glad that you keep your thread going!!!

Did you host those picture via Photobucket or have you found something new?

Cheers
Hey Flo, thanks! These images are posted with postimage .org. Very simple to use. But like most of these sites, its future is unknown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
GAAAWWWJJUUUUSSS gonna have to print of some pics and threaten my acro's with them!
Hey Dom, thanks! No need to threaten your acros.. they are just about to make you very happy, trust me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
Stunning pictures Matt. This one is my favourite:

Hey Bulent, thanks! I am fairly sure that this coral is a red planet.. not 100%

So, I took a lot of shots of the top centre of my tank which holds lots of sexy corals: orange passion, blueberry wine, pink lemonade, red Diablo (I think- called it the bruise but now it's getting quite red) amongst others..
So keeping with the trend, I'll go from close to wider..
Couple of op and pl:

And all four:

Little further back..

Unread 08/22/2017, 08:35 AM   #2550
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

I am feeling super jealous now Matt.