Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/01/2017, 02:17 PM   #26
AD87
Registered Member

This thread hasn't been updated since 2012, hence my post digging it up.

H Magnificia or bust.
AD87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2017, 08:27 AM   #27
childress5tyler
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nak View Post
I received an interesting email from my LFS (Thanks for the heads up Joe!). It had this photo attached:

I quickly needed to find a buyer for my magnifica, since I didn't want both in my tank (and needed funds to purchase the gigantea). Fortunately, I secured a buyer the next day, and was off to pick up a new home for my clowns:

It took the clowns less than an hour to move from the magnifica to the gigantea. Both nems were in my tank for a few hours while I waited for the new buyer to pick up the mag (Nice to meet you, Rich!). Fortunately the gig was in very good shape at the store and showed no signs of shipping stress. My fingers are crossed that everything will be okay. I waited for months to find a healthly mag, but this guy was simply too tempting to pass up.

I moved onto a rock pile (I bought a special rock with a big hole in it and filled it with sand, to trick the nem into thinking it's in the sand bed) directly under the MP40 and a 250 watt halide (and hasn't moved since introduction to the tank) The tentacles are lengthening which I hear is a good sign, and you'll notice the size difference from introduction to current:

Wish me luck!
Beautiful!!!

childress5tyler is offline   Reply With Quote