Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/15/2017, 12:07 PM   #976
reefmutt
Registered Member

Man o man those are happy corals.
Just superb.
That Pink Floyd is just amazing. The true yellow and red polyps, with that pe- it's just incredible.
Your buddy's piece also looks fantastic.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2017, 03:17 PM   #977
Dapg8gt
Registered Member

Awesome update =).. Thanks for sharing always look forward to the notification for you and a few others threads cause I know I get to drool..

I didn't Google it yet but where are the "Z's" corals from? A distributor or store? Your thread is the first I've heard of them and man they are some fricken stunners..

280g radium lit sps flat living in my garage rent free.

Current Tank Info: 105g SPS dominant euro braced powered by 4 ecotech pumps and lit by an ATI powermodule controlled by a reef angel =).
Dapg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2017, 03:43 PM   #978
reefmutt
Registered Member

Z is his secret weapon

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 09/18/2017, 10:31 PM   #979
Ucantwin
Registered Member

I am curious how the coral you showed in post #844 looks now. Any recent pics?

Ucantwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2017, 12:01 PM   #980
watchguy123
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Man o man those are happy corals.
Just superb.
That Pink Floyd is just amazing. The true yellow and red polyps, with that pe- it's just incredible.
Your buddy's piece also looks fantastic.
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapg8gt View Post
Awesome update =).. Thanks for sharing always look forward to the notification for you and a few others threads cause I know I get to drool..

I didn't Google it yet but where are the "Z's" corals from? A distributor or store? Your thread is the first I've heard of them and man they are some fricken stunners..
Z is indeed my secret weapon. Best darn coral grower that I know. Sometimes you get lucky and find a great coral connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucantwin View Post
I am curious how the coral you showed in post #844 looks now. Any recent pics?
Working on digging those up. I usually label about 1/2 my photos on lightroom even though I wish I labeled (keyword) all of them so I could track them easier.

A coral doing pretty well right now. It is interesting how over the course of time, you'll notice one coral not exactly unhappy but just not as colorful as you remember. This coral went through a browning out stage to some extent but has really come back nicely.

And a little chalice under some blue light, it looks good under white but this is with a little help from blue leds.

On a side note, me kessil refugium light failed after two years plus. It would overheat then turn off and then later turn back on. It was an H150 magenta. Well Kessil, although it was out of warranty and no longer manufactured, kindly allowed me to upgrade to an H350 deep purple at a very nominal cost. Pretty wonderful customer service at Kessil. Glad I kept the invoice from my original purchase though. I switched from the magenta to purple because I understand that may be the best choice for chaeto growth. Just replaced it last night so I will see how it does.

watchguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2017, 10:28 PM   #981
watchguy123
Registered Member

When I saw the mother colony, the polyps were this crazy purple color but alas my poor frag just didn't really show that but now it is starting to show off some pretty color.

July 2016

September 2017

Unread 09/21/2017, 10:39 PM   #982
swayd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguy123 View Post
When I saw the mother colony, the polyps were this crazy purple color but alas my poor frag just didn't really show that but now it is starting to show off some pretty color.

July 2016

September 2017

No way! That's some awesome growth and color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2017, 02:38 AM   #983
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

I've been away from the forums for a while and its really good see all the nice tanks. You've got some lovely SPS. This one has to be m favorite though:

Do you have a current tank video?

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2017, 06:26 AM   #984
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayd View Post

+1. That is a stunner. The overall red look and polyps with the yellow rimmed corralites along with the blue base is just amazing.
So good!

Unread 09/24/2017, 04:43 PM   #985
watchguy123
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayd View Post

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
I've been away from the forums for a while and its really good see all the nice tanks. You've got some lovely SPS. This one has to be m favorite though:

Do you have a current tank video?
I have never made a tank video. I probably should learn to do that.
Quote:
+1. That is a stunner. The overall red look and polyps with the yellow rimmed corralites along with the blue base is just amazing.
So good!
Thank you

My monti, Z's Dream Monti, is starting to overgrow the D-D epoxy that I placed it on and starting to just attach to my rock work. I don't want it on my rock work because they can be aggressive. Check out the stinging to the acro on the far left.

Z's Dream Monti

Unread 09/25/2017, 08:52 AM   #986
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

As always, corals are looking amazing Mark!

SchnitzelReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2017, 10:41 PM   #987
Oldude
Premium Member

Wow!

~ April 2010 TOTM ~
Oldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2017, 10:56 PM   #988
watchguy123
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnitzelReef View Post
As always, corals are looking amazing Mark!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldude View Post
Wow!
Thanks, guys.

I took a bunch of pictures today. I want to make sure I can both track the progress of my sps as well as memorialize them photographically. I probably have 90-100 frags to mini-colonies in the tank but it seems I keep taking some of the same sps over and over again. They are obviously the brightest and most colorful so it makes it fun.

Most of the pictures were taken with just Reefbrite Xhos today.

And here is the same mini-colony/frag under metal halides only

This is the first time that I have photographed the following sps under Reefbrites. It came out pretty cool. It is a different species from the one that i recently posted.

The following is a young frag of RR USA CJ Pinky. It is growing like crazy for a small frag. It is placed high and with lots of flow. I think it is a little pale and may be getting too much light

Here is a very similar view of the RR USA CJ Pinky under metal halides only, not quite as colorful but still pretty. Like I said, it may be getting too much light and therefore somewhat pale. Also have to remember, this is still a young frag and undoubtedly will improve with more time in the tank as well as maturity

Lastly (for tonite at least), this is a frag that I got a huge chunk of. It was kind of beige/yellow when I got it. I don't know if it was a wild or mari-cultured piece, although likely mari-cultured. I kept it in my frag tank for many months because i was not sure it was worth putting in the display. Well I have a spot that is way up high in the display tank but gets too much flow for almost anything to survive. I thought I could give it a try in a spot where nothing else has been able to survive, so I moved it into the display a some months ago. It is starting to show some crazy colors, well that is if only the reefbrite xho's are on, it doesn't look this good with just metal halides on. Perhaps more time and it will even be better

Last edited by watchguy123; 09/26/2017 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 09/26/2017, 11:15 PM   #989
Rakie
In Memoriam

Love your pics! What ever happened to that red dragon with yellow polyps?

Rakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2017, 10:28 AM   #990
watchguy123
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
Love your pics! What ever happened to that red dragon with yellow polyps?
If we are talking about the same one, it got knocked down by some over active fish and I moved it to a new spot. It is still small and I haven't photographed it in a while. My next bout of pictures, I will take a shot of it.

I am enjoying my new macro lens, more from yesterday,

Unread 09/29/2017, 01:18 PM   #991
reefmutt
Registered Member

I am enjoying your new macro lens as well!
Very much.

Unread 10/01/2017, 09:22 PM   #992
watchguy123
Registered Member

Another reefbrite picture of a newer frag

Unread 10/02/2017, 07:10 AM   #993
reefmutt
Registered Member

Is that some super duper, more ultimate than the ultimate orange passion, orange passion?

Unread 10/03/2017, 12:19 AM   #994
Rakie
In Memoriam

Mine are always knocked down from snails

Rakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2017, 06:07 AM   #995
Pife
Registered Member

Like always your colors are amazing!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2017, 07:03 PM   #996
Oldude
Premium Member

Stunning!

~ April 2010 TOTM ~
Oldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2017, 05:11 PM   #997
Alex Costa
Registered Member

Great colors!!!

I missed some FTS shot, yet.

Alex

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/13/2017, 12:40 AM   #998
watchguy123
Registered Member

Quote:
Is that some super duper, more ultimate than the ultimate orange passion, orange passion?
I will share a picture of RRC Ultimate Orange Passion, I think you will like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
Mine are always knocked down from snails
I get frags and even colonies knocked off rock work by over excited fish. Occasionally, I am around to spot it. Most of the time if something gets knocked off its rock work, it either floats to behind the rock work or I am on vacation and come back to find a white coral in a back corner or laying a top its neighbor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
Like always your colors are amazing!
Fairly recently, I had a three or four corals (colonies) lighten up and I even lost one small colony. That is not an issue right now, most everything is developing fairly rich coloring. The few pieces that got pale really didn't have any visible causation. No parameter swings of any sort. It kind of felt like a they got the flu, and all but one got over it. My nitrates are still around 5ppm and neither my alk or salinity shifted at all.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldude View Post
Stunning!
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
Great colors!!!

I missed some FTS shot, yet.

Alex
Thanks, I don't quite have enough colonies big enough and full enough for a cool FTS. Hopefully, not too far down the road.

So here are a couple of pictures under blue leds (it doesn't look this great under metal halides) of the: Reef Raft Canada Ultimate Orange Passion

Current Tank Info: 180 Bowfront, 30 gallon sump, 20 gallon refugium, reeflo dart/snapper hybrid pump, 2 x 6105 Tunze ,Tunze ATO, dual chamber CA reactor, 3 x250 metal halides with 2x t5 actinic supplement, Reefbrite Blue XHO's dawn/dusk
Unread 10/13/2017, 01:17 AM   #999
kenneth wolfe
Moved On

Wow, can I get a cut

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kenneth wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/13/2017, 10:47 AM   #1000
watchguy123
Registered Member

It seems every few weeks or so, I get the camera bug and take more pictures. Some are different yet most unfortunately are repetitive views of my corals. But its ok, just like reefing, snapping pictures is also cathartic,

Reef Raft USA Pink Floyd (blue leds)

Current Tank Info: 180 Bowfront, 30 gallon sump, 20 gallon refugium, reeflo dart/snapper hybrid pump, 2 x 6105 Tunze ,Tunze ATO, dual chamber CA reactor, 3 x250 metal halides with 2x t5 actinic supplement, Reefbrite Blue XHO's dawn/dusk