Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/15/2017, 09:10 AM   #51
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

The Coraline is progressing rather quickly and the Kenya trees are doing great. I know the Kenyas are pretty hardy "weeds" so no suprise there.

Since the Coraline is doing so well with the ebay light I'm gonna frag some of the watermelon Zoas from the other tank, some candy cane and some of the Acro.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TurboCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 10:09 AM   #52
vsanchez949
Registered Member

Looks good!

vsanchez949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 04:36 PM   #53
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Thanks!

So I've added in the watermelon zoas, some candy cane, and the acro. I can still move them around, just testing to see which ones will do best where.

Also finally made the light the way I wanted it originally.

It doesn't glare like it does in the pics.

Unread 05/29/2017, 06:46 PM   #54
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

Nice build! I have a Spec V reef tank going on 2 years now. I really like these tiny AIO tanks. So small but one can do so much with these.

I see that you have a full cover over your tank. How warm does the water get? Mine runs at about 81.5 degrees with my lights on full and a small wave maker in it. I'm thinking of placing a quiet fan near the tank to get it down to 80 or below. Not sure what type of fan would be very quiet. My setup is very quiet and noisy fan would be out of the question

BeachVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/30/2017, 09:36 AM   #55
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

I honestly don't know the temp. The back inch and a half is open on the lid, over the back section to cut down on evap, but still have gas exchange. I don't run a heater but everything seems very happy.

I've since added a Bluetooth controllable LED strip for moonlight. It's also multicolor and multi mode selectable. Works great and allows me to change the backlighting on the light fixture and color of the moonlight. I took a 30 second video of it in color change mode I'll upload to YouTube in a bit.

Unread 05/30/2017, 10:15 AM   #56
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Here is that video. More info about it in the description.

https://youtu.be/Vv4eKOU7gvA

Unread 05/30/2017, 10:20 AM   #57
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachVacationer View Post
Nice build! I have a Spec V reef tank going on 2 years now. I really like these tiny AIO tanks. So small but one can do so much with these.

I see that you have a full cover over your tank. How warm does the water get? Mine runs at about 81.5 degrees with my lights on full and a small wave maker in it. I'm thinking of placing a quiet fan near the tank to get it down to 80 or below. Not sure what type of fan would be very quiet. My setup is very quiet and noisy fan would be out of the question
Just hit the water surface with the IR gun an hour after lights on and temp is 80°

Unread 06/01/2017, 10:13 PM   #58
Razorback reef
Registered Member

Nice.

Razorback reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2017, 10:43 PM   #59
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Unread 06/01/2017, 10:45 PM   #60
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

I absolutely LOVE the LED moonlighting. I'll take a few detailed pics of the inside soon. I swapped out the 3-led strip for a 6-led strip for more brightness. May add a second strip too.

Unread 06/27/2017, 06:07 PM   #61
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

All finished with that! Nice and clean.

Unread 06/29/2017, 05:37 PM   #62
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Well that last pic was before the loom lol.

Unread 07/01/2017, 12:11 PM   #63
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCamaro View Post
I honestly don't know the temp. The back inch and a half is open on the lid, over the back section to cut down on evap, but still have gas exchange. I don't run a heater but everything seems very happy.

I've since added a Bluetooth controllable LED strip for moonlight. It's also multicolor and multi mode selectable. Works great and allows me to change the backlighting on the light fixture and color of the moonlight. I took a 30 second video of it in color change mode I'll upload to YouTube in a bit.

I run a fine air-stone, on a timer 30-minutes before temp rises in room and for 4-6 hours depending on heatwave/weeks temps!

Yes, I get little more evaporation. Yet, no ich! No major stress from latest heatwave.

So I check salinity more often and/or add cup of buffered ro water to tank weekly.
***The bubbles just help move the water column helping heat to escape through blowoff at top of Uniquarium/Aio Area.***

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Dirte_Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2017, 11:49 AM   #64
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirte_Plumber View Post
I run a fine air-stone, on a timer 30-minutes before temp rises in room and for 4-6 hours depending on heatwave/weeks temps!

Yes, I get little more evaporation. Yet, no ich! No major stress from latest heatwave.

So I check salinity more often and/or add cup of buffered ro water to tank weekly.
***The bubbles just help move the water column helping heat to escape through blowoff at top of Uniquarium/Aio Area.***

Yea I don't have to worry about the water column. The Maxi jet goes straight down and slightly forward to rotate the entire mass of water; there are no dead spots lol.

Once I do a final trim on the lid I'll have slightly higher evap, but much less condensation and temperature.

I have yet to get ich in either one of my tanks.

Unread 07/13/2017, 07:44 PM   #65
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

As You Can See, I Like A Little Mod.
www.Seahorse.org.
Screen Name- Dirte_Plumber.
My Blog is the Bullet-Proof Build.
Dirte_Plumber@Usa.com.

Check it Out Sometime!

Unread 07/13/2017, 07:46 PM   #66
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

Bio-Tower/Refugium Korallin Modded, not finished Plumbing Fluval 406 to Korallin to Filter of My Marineland Portrait, Pump Upgrade and T-d to Carbon Reactor and Recirculated to Filter Area and to Display!

Unread 07/13/2017, 07:50 PM   #67
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

That's Not A Skimmer Either, Bubble Top-Off with Slow Venturi Feed Off Displays return pump...
And use it to fill test vials, hydrometer, drip bag acclimation ,etc!

Unread 07/13/2017, 08:41 PM   #68
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Holy crap man! You have more water volume outside the display than inside! That's insane!

Unread 07/14/2017, 11:25 PM   #69
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

Thanks, I wanted to get the System Proven on A Smaller Setup...Then Move My Whole System and Configuration to A Custom Cube 24 Nano, or Custom 30 Gallon Tall Cube.

Unread 02/08/2018, 11:28 AM   #70
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Update on the Chi.

Was searching for a slightly higher wattage light. Found one local on ebay. 6 leds, 3 white and 3 blue. Modified it to fit inside the lighting fixture I made. Popped the LED board off and put thermal compound for a long life. Removed the reflector for better light spread. Redid the led strips as they were faded from 24/7 use, and replaced the fan for cooling.

Picked up a yellow watchman goby and a few peppermint shrimp. Also a couple redleg hermits. I have some blue hypnea growing from a cheap frag I got in the other tank. Still going strong. Nice coraline on the sides I decided not to scrape off. I like it.

Unread 02/08/2018, 11:30 AM   #71
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Couple more of the new light, leds and fan.

Unread 07/09/2018, 12:46 PM   #72
TurboCamaro
Registered Member

Been awhile. Coraline on the sides and back doing nicely. Kenya Trees finally started splitting off. Added the last of the black sand.

I think it looks pretty good with the thick sandbed.

Raised the light in the fixture some more, cause even for an ebay LED this thing puts out too much light. So I raised it and run the focal lens. Seems to be doing much better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk