Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/29/2015, 09:33 AM   #1
bsk997
Registered Member

How to manually turn on Radion and Vortechs

Hi Guys,
I had a quick question about programming the Apex WXM. More specifically the Radion profiles.
I have 2 MP40's and a Radion XR30w Pro hooked up to the WXM and it's working fine. I have the profiles created for the MP40's and the scheduling is great. Same thing with the radion. Making changes to the graph for intensity, color, duration is pretty easy with Fusion.

My question is, how do I setup a "preset" for turning on the lights to show somebody the tank.
Say, I have some guests coming over at 2pm and I want the lights on at 20k but the schedule doesn't turn on till 5pm. How do I manually turn on the unit at specific intenisty/color?
Sometimes i just want to play around with the light and try out different colors.
Is there a way to do this with Fusion?

The same question with the Vortechs as well to show off say Wave mode or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

bsk997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2015, 11:26 AM   #2
cardiffgiant
Registered Member

You could set up a profile and then use a feed mode. I did something similar to turn my radions on if the ph was too low. I set up a profile called LowPH that uses a 20K at 45% intensity if PH is ever below 8.

You could do the same thing and add a profile called "Display", configure your radion settings, and then add a line to your advanced settings for your radion that says "if feed D Display on". Maybe configure feed D to run for 30-60 minutes (or however long you can geek out over your tank... in my case probably 120 minutes).

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2015, 03:24 PM   #3
bsk997
Registered Member

Thanks for the tip.
I actually looked on the Neptune forums since there wasn't any response.

I setup a feed button with the profiles to turn on the Radion.
You can also setup Virtual Outlets that are tied to the Profiles to do the same thing.
Pretty cool.

bsk997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2015, 05:03 AM   #4
reefdude3749
Registered Member

BSK....I went the virtual outlet route. This was specifically helpful for Vortechs and for an auto feeder. For example...I set up a few VOs for wave, constant 50%, constant 100%, NTM, etc. with s flip of a switch. I also set up a VO for auto feed mode for when I am traveling. I cannot post all of my code now, but I have posted it on RC previously. Please let me know if you are interested and I can repost when I am back from vacation.

reefdude3749 is offline   Reply With Quote