slin1977
Registered Member

This is as far as it got...

Unread 09/16/2015, 03:34 PM   #377
jrpdriver
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
Yes I agree lol it was one of the very few times I've jumped on an expensive buy. That is the smooth skin I'm talking about it just so happens that the acro behind it is basically the same colouration! I did take some more, terrible shots of it for you though!

It's my absolute favourite! Something I haven't seen since getting it from UCA though!

Thanks mate

Haha well there was a tiny weeny little hyper priced tip that fell off the other day from snail aggression lol it's been glued down and you're more than welcome to have it and out do me on it too haha it's like 5mm long though

The photo's:

Nice set-up you have going, I only skimmed the thread so I'm sorry if you already discussed this but are you shooting with an orange filter on the camera or something? All the reds and oranges in your tank are extremely intense and I noticed the background behind this picture is all orange

jrpdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2015, 06:09 PM   #378
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slin1977 View Post
This is as far as it got...
Very nice, looks like it should do the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpdriver View Post
Nice set-up you have going, I only skimmed the thread so I'm sorry if you already discussed this but are you shooting with an orange filter on the camera or something? All the reds and oranges in your tank are extremely intense and I noticed the background behind this picture is all orange
haha no filters, just a white balance adjustment Sometimes the reds come out waaayyyy over the top unfortunately but you can always tell when that's happened lol The background in those shots is so orange because it's the sunset coming through the windows and well when your white balance is adjusted for the lighting of a reef tank and normal lights or the sun look utterly ridiculous! lol the acro is true to form in those shots that, I wanted to make sure of it

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2015, 06:14 PM   #379
jrpdriver
Registered Member

Quote:
Very nice, looks like it should do the trick

haha no filters, just a white balance adjustment Sometimes the reds come out waaayyyy over the top unfortunately but you can always tell when that's happened lol The background in those shots is so orange because it's the sunset coming through the windows and well when your white balance is adjusted for the lighting of a reef tank and normal lights or the sun look utterly ridiculous! lol the acro is true to form in those shots that, I wanted to make sure of it
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation, I'm not a camera guy, I always just use the ole smart phone camera lol

jrpdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2015, 06:35 PM   #380
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpdriver View Post
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation, I'm not a camera guy, I always just use the ole smart phone camera lol
haha no worries I do like the idea of filters and while they're great from some colours I find that they wash out other took me aggeesss to get using white balance properly lol

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Unread 09/17/2015, 01:43 AM   #381
biggles
Registered Member

I like simple stuff Nils, no way i could be stuffed putting something like that together mate. Looks cool though, mine will be running horizontally not upright to avoid detritus build up.

Quote:
I'm definitely intrigued to see what goodies or inaction you get from running some carbon! I'll need frequent updates haha how many magic beans are you going to run?? lol
I mean matrix media stones Dom, not activated carbon. Like your container of magic zeo stones. I'm going to add 4L of stones to start and see what's what in a few months i guess. They won't be doing a lot until the bacteria become established.

Unread 09/17/2015, 06:38 AM   #382
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
I like simple stuff Nils, no way i could be stuffed putting something like that together mate. Looks cool though, mine will be running horizontally not upright to avoid detritus build up.

I mean matrix media stones Dom, not activated carbon. Like your container of magic zeo stones. I'm going to add 4L of stones to start and see what's what in a few months i guess. They won't be doing a lot until the bacteria become established.
I don't think I could manage to build something like that either lol

haha I did correct my post, to the stones but yeah, it'll be a few months too lol hopefully some goodness though

New chalice from Dave tonight

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/17/2015, 09:42 AM   #383
M007
Acro Whore

Nice chalice what about the Clarion?

Current Tank Info: 250G SPS Mixed Reef. ATLAS 84x28x24. SuperMarin 250. Cebu Sun 3 x 250WMH Radiums 4 x 80W T5. Profilux 3 w/GHL dosing CA-ALK-MG. Moved by Tunze and Vertex. Reef Octopus 5K return.
M007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2015, 04:34 AM   #384
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by M007 View Post
Nice chalice what about the Clarion?
Yeah, I'm absolutely stoked with it The clarion is a little out of my price range but I would LOVE one

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/22/2015, 05:22 AM   #385
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Water change done today, nice and clean again New carbon to go into the tank in a minute as well!

Just some awesome zoa's too

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/22/2015, 05:34 AM   #386
reefmutt
Registered Member

Wow! What secret (and probably illegal) biggles potion are you adding to pull such fantastic red/orange from your corals??
I want some!!
Very nice
Those sky blue zoas are really nice, too.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2015, 10:28 PM   #387
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Wow! What secret (and probably illegal) biggles potion are you adding to pull such fantastic red/orange from your corals??
I want some!!
Very nice
Those sky blue zoas are really nice, too.
It's something that Kevin strongly opposes the collection of haha nah, there's no magical secret here. I do use zeo but Biggles doesn't so who knows what it is lol although the firetruck while an amazing and rare coral, it is made of some bloody tought stuff!! And dead easy to keep (at least I've found).
Thanks though mate, it's a real compliment coming from you

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/25/2015, 03:37 AM   #388
biggles
Registered Member

Damn mate, that chalice is crazy nice. I can't believe i'm saying it but i like those baby blue zoas a lot too......
Your photos and camera work has improved dramatically of late, really impressed with your pics now mate.

Btw, i now look for the firetruck every time you post a FTS lol........... i bet lots of others will be doing the same......

Unread 09/25/2015, 09:23 AM   #389
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
It's something that Kevin strongly opposes the collection of haha nah, there's no magical secret here. I do use zeo but Biggles doesn't so who knows what it is lol although the firetruck while an amazing and rare coral, it is made of some bloody tought stuff!! And dead easy to keep (at least I've found).
Thanks though mate, it's a real compliment coming from you
Ahh... Interesting.. I have a secret.. That I never told Andrew.. Male Canadian moose have the same 'secret ingredient'.. Lucky for them, the antlers aren't the ONLY part of their anatomy that grows back...

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 09/25/2015, 09:16 PM   #390
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Damn mate, that chalice is crazy nice. I can't believe i'm saying it but i like those baby blue zoas a lot too......
Your photos and camera work has improved dramatically of late, really impressed with your pics now mate.

Btw, i now look for the firetruck every time you post a FTS lol........... i bet lots of others will be doing the same......
It is one of the best that I've seen around here in quite some time! And I knew I could get you with a zoa eventually it's the radium that's made them look this good
Wow, thanks for the compliment. I have been working hard at my camera skills of late so I'm really glad to hear it's working and I didn't edit any of the three photo's either, they're all straight off the camera too

I look at every time a take one as well haha I think I've gained some attention because of it lol

Quote:
Ahh... Interesting.. I have a secret.. That I never told Andrew.. Male Canadian moose have the same 'secret ingredient'.. Lucky for them, the antlers aren't the ONLY part of their anatomy that grows back...
hahahaha excellent!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 09/26/2015, 01:20 AM   #391
biggles
Registered Member

Quote:
I look at every time a take one as well haha I think I've gained some attention because of it lol
Taking pics regularly, especially top downs lets you catch potential problems much sooner than you would normally. It's good for your coral and reef husbandry imo as your eye for detail improves dramatically.

Dave managed to sell me a lobo last week............ A LOBO DOM !!!

Keep that bit about the lobo between you and i btw please mate

Unread 09/26/2015, 06:22 AM   #392
reefmutt
Registered Member

Biggles bought a lobo!!!!

Biggles got flubber!!!!

Unread 09/27/2015, 03:59 AM   #393
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Biggles bought a lobo!!!!

Biggles got flubber!!!!
Biggles has been hoarding the flubbery blubbery corals in his sump...

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2015, 04:14 AM   #394
biggles
Registered Member

I hide lots of stuff behind the two islands boys..............

Unread 10/05/2015, 04:10 AM   #395
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
I hide lots of stuff behind the two islands boys..............
He really does, I've seen all the flubber hidden in between the islands and out of camera shot

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/05/2015, 04:33 AM   #396
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

I suppose it's about time I made a small update on things seeing as I haven't done my weekly updates. I've had some photo's to put up for a week or so but I've been a little lazy lol

First cab of the rank is a new addition to the fishy friends! I've been waiting for quite some time for the right Kole Tang specimen to show up at the local and when I went down this morning, I had the choice of 3! haha so needless to say I've come home with a brand new buddy!

Aside from that little gem everything is running along smoothly! so we'll start with Andrew's favourite flubbers

And the magic rack

And some lovely frags of another kind! These little ones stay brown and crappy until they reach a certain size then it's pink and green with nice white tips!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/05/2015, 04:36 AM   #397
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Now for what we've all come for, the acro's!
Efflo getting it's encrust on:

Spathulata going strong and the growth tips are killer!

Crappy photo of an awesome acro haha

I think I need to start adding a little something something to deepen the colour off a little more

Robusta

And the top of the tank

And of course the bit everyone loves, the firetruck

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/05/2015, 04:42 AM   #398
M007
Acro Whore

Outstanding photo update, you've got some real beauties

Current Tank Info: 250G SPS Mixed Reef. ATLAS 84x28x24. SuperMarin 250. Cebu Sun 3 x 250WMH Radiums 4 x 80W T5. Profilux 3 w/GHL dosing CA-ALK-MG. Moved by Tunze and Vertex. Reef Octopus 5K return.
M007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2015, 06:10 AM   #399
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

SPS look lovely. You need to send frags of that Firetruck worldwide mate...starting with the UK...to me.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2015, 08:24 AM   #400
jroovers
Registered Member

Don't forget about your friends in NA, namely Canada Does anyone else have a frag of that, even a small one? If not, you need to get a piece to someone else, that is an acro worth spreading around to ensure it isn't lost! You have some incredible corals with amazing colours.

jroovers is offline   Reply With Quote