Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/29/2020, 05:53 PM   #1
grif
Registered Member

Been out of Reef Tanks for ~9 years - where to go?

Howdy all, As you can see by my join date, I've been into reef tanks a while, but I've been "out of it" for almost 10 years. I had one too many flood, and the Mrs. had had it. I had tried Nano's briefly, and what I understand is that the tech behind the hobby has developed to where floods and constant monitoring are less of a feature of the systems/technology today. Can anyone point me to some resources on setting up a low maintenance system?

My biggest issue is with my kids out of the house these days, being gone for a couple weeks happens, so I know I'd need a substantial topoff system, but is that gonna get in the way (the being gone part, I know how to solve the evaporation issue)?

Unread 03/30/2020, 11:22 AM   #2
cojo8888
Registered Member

Low maintenance would be around 30gaio with 2 fishes. Apex, fans, 25g ato reservoir, tunze ato, automatic feeder would be your best bet. Of course lot of money needed.

나의 SM-G950U 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

cojo8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2020, 09:22 PM   #3
drs2140
Registered Member

Good advice cojo. And welcome back grif!

drs2140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2020, 06:12 PM   #4
clk2609
Registered Member

I am also just getting back into reef after have a successful 230g reef tank over 15 years ago and going with nano. Fortunately automation has come long way, unfortunately will also cost a fair share. Agree with cojo888. Apex or GHL ProfiLux 4, Tunze 3152 or 3155 ATO. Also depends if going with all-in-one tank or sump. Majority of automation systems warn you remotely if any issues and you can control with smart phone.

clk2609 is offline   Reply With Quote