Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/19/2014, 02:08 PM   #51
jroovers
Registered Member

Great photos Bernie! Amazing colours on that red planet, and that Bazooka Joe is impressive! We need more frequent photo updates

Unread 10/20/2014, 12:13 PM   #52
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by markalot View Post
Excellent! Another thread I missed, so thanks for posting an update. Great to see old tanks with so much growth!
Thanks Mark. This tank is 14 years old. Some of its content are older than that. However, they are not as old as this tank owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Looking sweet! So nice to see a matured tank full of corals I was wondering when you'd update again.

Do those SPS sting each other??? Good to see so much growth going on there...can see quite a few frags on the rack. All good signs.
Thanks Sahin. I know my tank is very crowded. Well, it is a small tank and I am too greedy. I try to trim the corals so they would not touch one another (except the Blue Tort and the Bazooka Joe -- apparently nobody wins there). I also use Kalk paste to clean up the Zoa around the SPSs. When the tank is healthy the corals tend to grow fast (but some corals just sit there, doing nothing but stare right back at you). I plan to replace some corals with more colorful ones and with the ones that don't grow very fast ( I have to remind myself that I have a small tank!)
If the tank was healthy, I would update very soon. I also have acquired a few more colorful frags acclimating on the rack -- my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroovers View Post
Great photos Bernie! Amazing colours on that red planet, and that Bazooka Joe is impressive! We need more frequent photo updates
Thanks Jordan. I am still learning how to take better photos. I found my photos were not sharp enough even with post editing with LR5. Your photos were so sharp that the polyps were so clear and clean. I tried stop all the pumps and use higher F stops and use noise reduction in LR5 but still not very good. Of course, a lot of improvement already from the past -- thanks for the lessons.

The Bazooka Joe was fragged 6 months ago, otherwise it would be too large for my tank. These Chalice loves my dirty tank.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/20/2014, 07:26 PM   #53
jroovers
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westreef View Post
Thanks Jordan. I am still learning how to take better photos. I found my photos were not sharp enough even with post editing with LR5. Your photos were so sharp that the polyps were so clear and clean. I tried stop all the pumps and use higher F stops and use noise reduction in LR5 but still not very good. Of course, a lot of improvement already from the past -- thanks for the lessons.

The Bazooka Joe was fragged 6 months ago, otherwise it would be too large for my tank. These Chalice loves my dirty tank.
Don't sell yourself short, they look great! I think you have fantastic sharpness and the detail is amazing. More than anything, your coral looks healthy and colourful

Unread 10/22/2014, 11:33 AM   #54
westreef
Lost as usual

Thanks for the encouragement, Jordan.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
Unread 12/07/2018, 09:30 AM   #55
xiao
Registered Member

很漂亮

xiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2018, 11:08 PM   #56
westreef
Lost as usual

Thanks. Very kind of you.

Unread 12/08/2018, 09:19 AM   #57
markalot

Quote:
Thanks. Very kind of you.
Tank still running? It's been just a bit since the last update.

Unread 12/08/2018, 02:43 PM   #58
westreef
Lost as usual

I have restarted this tank a few years back in 2016. It is called Little Piece of Reef Version II.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2611376

Unread 12/08/2018, 11:48 PM   #59
xiao
Registered Member

I found this website not very lively, are you not interested?

Unread 12/09/2018, 12:39 AM   #60
xiao
Registered Member

I would like to ask about the use of ultraviolet light in coral fish tanks? How long is the light on?

Unread 12/09/2018, 10:37 PM   #61
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao View Post
I found this website not very lively, are you not interested?
I like this website, Reef Central, a lot. In fact, when I get a chance I will post some pictures in the Version II thread.

Last edited by westreef; 12/09/2018 at 10:43 PM.
Unread 12/09/2018, 10:40 PM   #62
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao View Post
I would like to ask about the use of ultraviolet light in coral fish tanks? How long is the light on?
I use LED/T5 combo. T5 used are 2 Blue Plus and 2 Coral Plus. Any more questions please go to the Little Piece of Reef Version II thread.

Unread 12/09/2018, 11:07 PM   #63
xiao
Registered Member

Quote:
I like this website, Reef Central, a lot. In fact, when I get a chance I will post some pictures in the Version II thread.
Quote:
I use LED/T5 combo. T5 used are 2 Blue Plus and 2 Coral Plus. Any more questions please go to the Little Piece of Reef Version II thread.
Thank you very much for your reply. My English is very succinct. The google translation may be inaccurate.

Unread 12/09/2018, 11:08 PM   #64
xiao
Registered Member

Would you like to share some of the coral reef sites you often visit? Thank you very much if I can browse here.