Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/28/2017, 05:56 PM   #1
mcrist
Premium Member

Stream 6255 Pump

I purchased a new 6255 pump and placed it in the display. I have been running it about 50% and I noticed that two of the silicone buffers was coming loose. I reassembled the parts and put it back in the tank. I am surprised at how weak these parts are and I am concern that the pump will fall off the base plate. I am only running at 50% with no pulse. Is there any good method to safeguard the pump from this type of failure?

Current Tank Info: 450 Gallon Peninsula
mcrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2017, 09:33 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

With the 6255 the clamp has 5 silicon buffers instead of the usual 4, this adds support, but only if all 5 are in correctly, it is possible for the 5th middle one to be in wrong and prevent the other 4 from fully engaging, check that the 5th one is through the hole and that the lip of all 4 of the others on both ends are fully engaged and locked in, generally if all 5 are in right, unless you are trying for a very sharp angle of nearly 90 degrees or there is inordinate tension on the cord pulling it up, they should be sufficiently strong to hold the pump without issue. The 5th one buts up against the back of the pump so it cannot move easily in the c clip. If you want to lock them in, a trick I have found is the silicon pegs have a small hole in the middle, if you build models or have any plastic pieces that come on those boards where you twist/cut them off the pegs, those small left over peg/skeletons can be cut and pushed into the holes and will lock the pieces together.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote