Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/06/2011, 04:49 PM   #26
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member

Okay Marine Depot, I have been posting pics and videos on the Ecotech thread, but since I purchased the fixture from you, I figure I should include you as well.

I do have to note that I did stop by your booth at Reef A Palooza to check out the fixture before I had it myself. Unfortunately, I wasn't pleased with what I saw. The tank was very cloudy, and there were problems with the Radion that nobody seemed to know how to fix. I actually asked a couple of questions, and were told the wrong information regarding the cooling fan. It was disappointing, but I did win a cool coralline algae scrapper!

Other than that you all have been very good with putting up with me and my phone calls and emails about when the fixture was going to be in and what number on the list I was and when the hanging kit was going to arrive, I thank you for that.

Okay, so I will start with some pics:

Hopefully these will help potential buyers in their decision making process.

wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2011, 04:54 PM   #27
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member

Here are a few videos that I uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAdj4McmTM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdk_jh8zYf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuN52...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zalw...eature=related

I hope you enjoy!

Unread 11/06/2011, 11:01 PM   #28
MTWiley
Registered Member

What's on the wall behind the tank/hanging wires?

MTWiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2011, 12:06 AM   #29
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member

Those are the support pipes for where I hung my ATI Powermodule. I still have not taken them down, not until I know this light will do the trick.

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Unread 11/07/2011, 02:31 PM   #30
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thank you so much for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyforbes2 View Post
Okay Marine Depot, I have been posting pics and videos on the Ecotech thread, but since I purchased the fixture from you, I figure I should include you as well.
Thanks for following up! We appreciate the feedback on the booth display. That was definitely one area we could and should have done better with. That tank wasn't supposed to have substrate inside it so we could show off the wavemaking ability of the VorTech. And since the tank was cloudy, the light didn't look its best, either. More of our staffers have gotten hands-on with the Radion since the show, so we are much better equipped to answer questions now. We certainly apologize for not being more prepared at the time. We had only tested a demo model prior to the show, so it was still new to many of us.

That thunderstorm mode looked CRAZY in your tank. Truly lifelike! Your videos have a ton of views—you can tell a lot of hobbyists are really interested in what this thing can do! You've done many people a great service by sharing your experiences. Good looking out!

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2011, 03:51 PM   #31
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member

Thanks, there are so many different ways to go when considering a light for an aquarium. When thinking about LEDs, they are such an expensive investment that the more information out there, the better decision can be made. I know that before I pulled the trigger on the Radions I was looking to see all I could on other brands. I tried to see as many videos as possible as that was the best way to see what they looked like over real tanks.

Unfortunately, the Radions are band spanking new so there was really nothing to see besides the few posted at aquarium trade shows and such. I wanted to provide an opportunity for people to see these lights over a real tank so it can help them to make a better decision.

Tags
ecotech, led, lighting, pre-order, radion