Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 05/10/2019, 12:44 AM   #951
Wally.B
Registered Member

Oopps.

THis is an OLD THREAD.

I will continue posting my Water CHanger Project, and beyond in THE NEWER THREAD

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...669007&page=24

Current Tank Info: 90 Gal Mixed Tank (T5,Kessil), 110G Custom In-Wall Office Tank (SPS only: T5 DIY Dimmable, Blue LED Strip, EuroReef Skimmer, DIY Doser, Gyre/Hydor Circ, DC Waveline 10,000 Return, Total Automation [Dual Tank SUMP ROOM] )
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2019, 03:14 PM   #952
2mk
Registered Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally.B View Post
Well I actually have 2 Main Display Tank TANKS (the 90 Gallon LPS tank) and the (110 Gallon SPS) Tank.

the 3rd TANK (In between Tank is a DIY 35 Gallon Frag Tank made from a OLD 35 I got from Thrift Store).
It has a built in Sump.

The 65 Gallon Tank under the Frag Tank is the New Salt Water Reservoir.
It's about 12 years old, slightly scratched. Tried to sell it when I upgrade to 110, but nobody wanted it.
REALLY GLAD nobody bought it, since It's perfect for Water Reservoir. I never consciously realized it's same width,length as Frag Tank till only a week ago.

Just Shot this VIDEO to Make things a bit obvious for my Whole setup.
What's missing in this Video is the 90 Gallon LPS tank is UPSTAIR, Directly above the SUMP ROOM.
The Pumbing to the Sump (Under the 110 Gallon Tank) is in those white Deck Post Columns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGCgo9b-xWo

THE WATER CHANGER is Finished, and I setup this TEST LAB on my Desk to develop the code to run it. (Code will go fairly Fast, since I will be re-using Code from my DIY Doser, and the DIY Tank Minder)

Must be tested, since it will be HOOKED up to 2 Live Tanks.
Wally. Thanks for the video. I see see what you mean. I wish I have space for a sump room like you do. I am now in the process of combining my 55g (almost 30yrs old recently resealed) and my red sea 35g (6yrs old with build in sump) by draining into a 20g (water content) Sump and returning to the 55g and 35g using one return pump. My piping are ready. They will be connected this coming Saturday. Everything is a mess and all over the floor now (Including Apex, AWC, ATO, EB832, Break Out Box, Cable, .... etc). Once the returns are combined, then my project will be to create a cabinet to house all of the Apex gears. I am looking forward to have it finished and post a picture here.

Old 05/16/2019, 04:40 PM   #953
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mk View Post
Wally. Thanks for the video. I see see what you mean. I wish I have space for a sump room like you do. I am now in the process of combining my 55g (almost 30yrs old recently resealed) and my red sea 35g (6yrs old with build in sump) by draining into a 20g (water content) Sump and returning to the 55g and 35g using one return pump. My piping are ready. They will be connected this coming Saturday. Everything is a mess and all over the floor now (Including Apex, AWC, ATO, EB832, Break Out Box, Cable, .... etc). Once the returns are combined, then my project will be to create a cabinet to house all of the Apex gears. I am looking forward to have it finished and post a picture here.
Cool. Nice project you got going.
I too wanted to hook up my Frag tank to DT with Overflow and return. but it's a nightmare challenge. Not sure if anyone has done what I will be doing with just water change cascading down. Might work, might not well see.
In your case....Nothing better than re-using old stuff, to save money, and be eco friendly too.
Have you got a thread so I can follow along with your future build?
If not, share a photo since there is always room to learn and get good ideas.

Current Tank Info: 90 Gal Mixed Tank (T5,Kessil), 110G Custom In-Wall Office Tank (SPS only: T5 DIY Dimmable, Blue LED Strip, EuroReef Skimmer, DIY Doser, Gyre/Hydor Circ, DC Waveline 10,000 Return, Total Automation [Dual Tank SUMP ROOM] )
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2019, 11:01 PM   #954
2mk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally.B View Post
Cool. Nice project you got going.

I too wanted to hook up my Frag tank to DT with Overflow and return. but it's a nightmare challenge. Not sure if anyone has done what I will be doing with just water change cascading down. Might work, might not well see.

In your case....Nothing better than re-using old stuff, to save money, and be eco friendly too.

Have you got a thread so I can follow along with your future build?

If not, share a photo since there is always room to learn and get good ideas.

Thanks for the comment on reusing old stuff. Just hate to see old stuff going to the dump. That 30yr old tank was bought new for freshwater fish back in 1989. Did I just say 1989? It's been that long. They don't make those cheap tanks like that anymore with 1/4 glass.

I don't have a thread. Maybe I should start one. I will have some photos once the combined thanks work. Reason for combining is to safe money on gear costs such as Apex, chiller, return pumps, skimmer, an so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
automation, dosing, sump