Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/18/2016, 06:26 PM   #1
zzl630
Registered Member

New Tunze 3155 Too low light flashing

Bought a new Tunze 3155 online(bought 2 months ago, first time use it). Set it up today, plug it in turn it on, it went through level light, turn pump on for 10 seconds, then it starts to flashing too low light. Looks like didn't pass self diagnostic, any recommendation?

zzl630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2016, 08:43 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Is the too low light the only light on? Is it solid or flashing?

I am in Austin, so any turnaround on this will be fast. The too low red light can come on for 3 reasons- Pump ran 10 minutes and the controller has timed out, controller settings were erased and it has no timer (usually this is due to switching by another controller that is harsh or a power surge), if the too low blinks and too high is on solid, this indicates water damage and it only takes a drop, if the power supply tip landed in water and was plugged in wet, it will cause this, but minor damage can usually be repaired.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2016, 10:32 AM   #3
zzl630
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
Is the too low light the only light on? Is it solid or flashing?

I am in Austin, so any turnaround on this will be fast. The too low red light can come on for 3 reasons- Pump ran 10 minutes and the controller has timed out, controller settings were erased and it has no timer (usually this is due to switching by another controller that is harsh or a power surge), if the too low blinks and too high is on solid, this indicates water damage and it only takes a drop, if the power supply tip landed in water and was plugged in wet, it will cause this, but minor damage can usually be repaired.

Yes. Too low light is the only light flashing. The pump was running for 10 seconds, which I think the timer still works.

Unread 06/20/2016, 10:36 AM   #4
zzl630
Registered Member

Is there a factory reset I can perform? How does the controller know if the pump was running or not?

Unread 06/20/2016, 10:47 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It is a timer, yellow pump on light for 10 continuous minutes it then gives up and moves to too low assuming something is really wrong. It is 10 minutes, not 10 seconds. The normal timer is reset by unplugging the controller and plugging it back in. If it is not filling in 10 minutes, the tank is very low or the pump is bad or something is leaking. If it is 10 seconds, the timer on the controller was erased or missprogrammed, no DIY solution but I can reprogram it here within a day of getting it.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 06/20/2016, 12:25 PM   #6
zzl630
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
It is a timer, yellow pump on light for 10 continuous minutes it then gives up and moves to too low assuming something is really wrong. It is 10 minutes, not 10 seconds. The normal timer is reset by unplugging the controller and plugging it back in. If it is not filling in 10 minutes, the tank is very low or the pump is bad or something is leaking. If it is 10 seconds, the timer on the controller was erased or missprogrammed, no DIY solution but I can reprogram it here within a day of getting it.
I thought the self diagnostic will turn on the pump for 10-15 seconds. The pump does work during that period of time. The pump wiring doesn't have polarity right?

I will play with it tonight, if it doesn't work I'll send it to you.What's the rma process?

Unread 06/20/2016, 01:08 PM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The pump wiring has no polarity, normal start up is all 4 lights flash and alarm beeps, one light comes on briefly which is an optic sensor test status light and is only valid if the sensor is dry (wet will always fail), then the pump runs 15-20 seconds to prime and normal operation begins after that. We don't use RMA's, just include a note with return address and phone number, I do every repair that comes in, just 3 of us in a 4000 sq ft warehouse so no need to be fancy. Tunze USA, 305 Victor St, Austin, TX 78753

Unread 06/27/2016, 12:43 PM   #8
zzl630
Registered Member

Roger did you receive my package? Got a chance to do a diagnostic?

Unread 06/27/2016, 12:48 PM   #9
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Yes, it lost the timer settings (or never had them), it was reprogrammed and sent back Friday, it should arrive today. I apologize for the delay, it was delivered to a neighboring business and they brought it over at the end of the day on Thursday, it seems they got it on Wednesday.

Unread 06/27/2016, 07:25 PM   #10
zzl630
Registered Member

It works fine now. Appreciate your support.

Unread 06/28/2016, 08:20 AM   #11
rvitko
RC Sponsor

No problem, thank you!

Unread 05/21/2018, 01:02 AM   #12
jfuertegc
Registered Member

I'm having this same issue. Plug in, beeps on boot up, pump runs for about 10 seconds, then "low water" light starts blinking but the pump doesnt turn on.

I'm assuming I should just send it in as well? What are the costs for repair?

jfuertegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2018, 10:03 AM   #13
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It just needs to be reset, the timers were erased, usually this is due to a power surge or switching it on and off with another controller. No charge, just send it in.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753