Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/04/2014, 05:21 PM   #26
AdamNC
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeferDale14 View Post
Do these rare zoas grow a lot slower than the more common zoas? Is that a big reason for them being so hard to come by?
Like anything new, prices are ridiculously too high for what you really get. After the market gets saturated prices drop, especially on livestock.

AdamNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2014, 06:16 PM   #27
reefwars
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNC View Post
Like anything new, prices are ridiculously too high for what you really get. After the market gets saturated prices drop, especially on livestock.
I supposed although i wouldnt my hold your breath on any of the ones I mentioned saturating the market anytime soon

The hallucination has held its price for a few years it's still an expensive polyp , so it comes down to how much one will pay to have it now or take the chance on it growing well market wise and if it's 1 yr , 3 yr or 5 yr wait for prices to drop

reefwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2014, 01:33 AM   #28
ReeferDale14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
I supposed although i wouldnt my hold your breath on any of the ones I mentioned saturating the market anytime soon

The hallucination has held its price for a few years it's still an expensive polyp , so it comes down to how much one will pay to have it now or take the chance on it growing well market wise and if it's 1 yr , 3 yr or 5 yr wait for prices to drop
I think I might dabble in a few of these and see if I can get some propagating going

ReeferDale14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2014, 02:47 PM   #29
Mael
Registered Member

WWC krakatoas always seem to go for a lot. around here rastas and latin lovers arent bad, available most of the time for 10pp or less.

Besides the kraks the more rare/expensive ones are like the Blue Agaves, Full Spectrum, Imperial Suns, Khaleesi, Adonis, Marygold and Ramu's. I have only seen half of these in person, and hope to own at least half of them in the next year or so. With the hundreds of zoas out there and their morphs I think narrowing it down to 5 is tough, heck 20 might even be tough =P

Mael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2014, 05:06 PM   #30
Eac7466
Registered Member

That's a good question

Eac7466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2014, 11:40 PM   #31
lhm nole
Registered Member

Just got my most wanted JF boodshots

lhm nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2014, 04:10 PM   #32
Ballgame
Registered Member

I dont know enough about them so I get what looks good to me

Ballgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2014, 10:59 AM   #33
650-IS350
Registered Member

Quote:
great answer

Just enjoying the box of water from afar
650-IS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2014, 10:36 AM   #34
Ryannn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame View Post
Which is really the way to go.

I'm cheap, I guess. My favorite Zoas are L.A. Lakers and Green Bay Packers, or Miami Vice.

Ryannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2014, 02:17 PM   #35
Reefer140
Registered Member

Still a fan of the good old fasion Armor of God Palys.. Have always been one of my favorites

Reefer140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2014, 10:11 PM   #36
Borchers
Reefer Who needs Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame View Post
+1 awesome answer! Names only mean something if your trying to find one in perticular in your area or on line. My favorites came from YourReef with no names and are way cooler the most of the high demand stuff.

But my list

Candy Apple Reds
Darth Mauls
JF Bloodshots
YR Bubble Yums
Donetellos

"You only get one spark of insanity, never lose it"
Robin Williams you will be missed.

Current Tank Info: 50 gallon Cadlights Artisan II Cube , EcoTech Radion Gen 4 Pro, Ecotech MP10QD, Vertex Omega 150i skimmer, EcoTech Reeflink, JBJ Autoe Top-off, Neptune Systems Apex and lots of other small goodies!
Borchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2014, 12:26 AM   #37
ReeferDale14
Registered Member

OK so I am going to pick my 5; they are based on how they all look together in colonies growing into each other .....the color mix is madness

Blondes
Rastas
Red Hornets
Utter Chaos
Stratosphere

My opinion only

ReeferDale14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2014, 12:47 PM   #38
Cptnhook
Registered Member

how much are the hallucinations going for ?

Cptnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2014, 03:00 AM   #39
alf03
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnhook View Post
how much are the hallucinations going for ?

Usually around $200...

alf03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2014, 01:04 PM   #40
Reefer07
Registered Member

I laugh at all the names people give stuff in the hobby and the outrageous prices. Its like any other product that comes out it has to go through its life cycle until the price drops. What gets me the most zoos and chalice corals especially: if you go through the showoff threads and look at peoples pics you see the same identical coral over and over with 10 different names. I remember years ago when the blue zoos and "bam bams" i call them brite orange.....were $20+ per polyp. Now you can grab a nice colony for 30-40 bux. I got about 20 of the orange zoos the other day for $40.
Its kinda like anything else, most people just want to get stuff because its $$$. You overpay in the beginning when if you just waited you could get twice the amount for a qaurter of the price. Dont get me wrong a lot of the expensive stuff out there is really exotic and nice but so where the ones that came out years ago that were priced high.
Just a comment on my end.

Reefer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2014, 08:40 AM   #41
reefwars
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer07 View Post
I laugh at all the names people give stuff in the hobby and the outrageous prices. Its like any other product that comes out it has to go through its life cycle until the price drops. What gets me the most zoos and chalice corals especially: if you go through the showoff threads and look at peoples pics you see the same identical coral over and over with 10 different names. I remember years ago when the blue zoos and "bam bams" i call them brite orange.....were $20+ per polyp. Now you can grab a nice colony for 30-40 bux. I got about 20 of the orange zoos the other day for $40.
Its kinda like anything else, most people just want to get stuff because its $$$. You overpay in the beginning when if you just waited you could get twice the amount for a qaurter of the price. Dont get me wrong a lot of the expensive stuff out there is really exotic and nice but so where the ones that came out years ago that were priced high.
Just a comment on my end.

And as you said you had to wait years to do so ,but you didn't right you bought them at the price they were at the time even though you prob knew then price would go down but you didn't want to wait years......as most do.

I love free corals.........at the same time if I won't something and it's available, I'll pay for it , how much I pay depends on how bad I want it " right now "

This is not just corals this is the whole world (cars,dogs,clothes, phones)

Unread 11/22/2014, 08:43 AM   #42
reefwars
Registered Member

Gf just bought the iPhone 6 .....she already has an iphone5 so why buy a new version that will be a lot cheaper in two years? Because she wanted it now not in two years lol

Patience and money don't go well together, as they say money burns a hole in your pocket

Tags
top 5, zoas