Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/18/2017, 12:47 PM   #1
CoralFrida
Registered Member

Ethereal & Gyre to Neptune Set up.

Hi Everyone.

I am starting my first 100 gal salt water aquarium and after saving up for 2 years, I have purchased a WHOLE bunch of stuff and I'm not sure how to connect it (waiting anxiously for delivery).

Have the following:
LIGHTING: Two Ethereal LEDs with ICV6 Controller
FLOW: Two XF250 Gyre pumps with Advanced Controller
CONTROL: Neptune Apex Control System

DO I NEED the IceCap gyre to Neptune Interface Module if I have the Advanced Controller? Or if I need the IceCap for the connectivity, do I need the Advanced Controller, or do i Need BOTH?

Does ICV6 Controller link up to the Apex system?

Thanks!

CoralFrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Smprc
Registered Member

Hello, sorry nobody answered your questions...but I was wondering how the Ethereals have worked out for you? I made the decision to use them, but I have not been able to set up the tank...long story. I am close and I just wanted to get some feedback regarding the lights. Thanks.

Smprc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2017, 07:23 PM   #3
saf1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralFrida View Post
Hi Everyone.

I am starting my first 100 gal salt water aquarium and after saving up for 2 years, I have purchased a WHOLE bunch of stuff and I'm not sure how to connect it (waiting anxiously for delivery).

Have the following:
LIGHTING: Two Ethereal LEDs with ICV6 Controller
FLOW: Two XF250 Gyre pumps with Advanced Controller
CONTROL: Neptune Apex Control System

DO I NEED the IceCap gyre to Neptune Interface Module if I have the Advanced Controller? Or if I need the IceCap for the connectivity, do I need the Advanced Controller, or do i Need BOTH?

Does ICV6 Controller link up to the Apex system?

Thanks!
If you haven't done so already sign up / register on Neptune's site. You can start reading the forums. I have the same Gyre but have not yet connected it. My understanding is if you have two Gyres then you need a module for each. Visit BRS's portal and they have a good write up on it plus connection instructions.

Personally speaking had I known that (my fault for not doing more research) I probably would not have purchased my XF250. I ended up using two Sea Swirl 1" on my returns and my add another pair (one for each corner of the tank). If the two I have cover the tank then the XF250 isn't needed. Otherwise the plan was to place it on the back wall of the tank to cover middle.

Anyway visit BRS to confirm but I think you need two modules to make it work for each. They run what, 120'ish dollars each - that is the turnoff for me ATM.

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon mixed reef
saf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ethereal, gyre, neptune apex