Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/02/2018, 03:47 PM   #1
ericscicluna
Registered Member

Angry Reeflink Problem

I am very disappointed... I spend loads of money on Ecotech's devices and I love the brand but I've been through a nightmare with my reeflink.

I bought my reeflink a while back now and I always used WiFI to connect to it. Lately, I decided to switch to a wired connection.

The Blue circle disappeared and It's showing LEDs (4 / 5 & 6) Yellow.

I reset my device multiple times and configure it to connect via ethernet to my router with no luck. Only once It turned blue and I had a connection but unfortunately, this only lasted a few minutes because my reeflink turned to yellow and green again with no connectivity.

I phoned Ecotech marine because you barely find answers about reeflink on google and Ecotech has no direct web-based chat lines to help me out.

First, a guy told me to disassemble the module and reseat the RF connector which didn't fix it and When I phoned again for the second time, their answer was to contact my Supplier. In other words, they didn't help me out with getting a replacement or so...

I feel really bad after spending so much money on EcoTech's products. I love Ecotech but I am honestly afraid buying anything else with such customer service and lack of reliability.

If anyone experienced this issue and solved it somehow, please help me out.

Thanks

ericscicluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2018, 03:51 PM   #2
SPotter
Registered Member

I am having the same exact issue with mine. I’ve tried resetting the RF module but that doesn’t work. I just haven’t had time to call them. My reeflink is 2 yrs old so I’m guessing I’m SOL.

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Leopardshark
Registered Member

Mine is 4 months old and barely works. Is a dissapointing piece of equipment

Current Tank Info: 110 gal SPS tank, 3 G4 Pro Radions, Geo 618 calcium reactor, 2 x MP 40 Vortech, Vectra M return pump, Octopus Elite 200-int skimmer, APEX controller
Leopardshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2018, 01:13 PM   #4
ericscicluna
Registered Member

Yep, I never pretended Echotech to be such irresponsible and unreliable... Everyone is complaining about reeflink and when I contacted them they told me to contact my reseller who is telling me to contact them... Lods of red-tape and I am really disappointed.

I think they should help right away since I use reeflink to control all of my equipment. I'm totally stuck. Honestly, I'm building a new 700L tank and I'm considering what to get instead of Ecotech, maybe AI or something similar because they didn't even bother to help me out.

I would be a happy client if they at least tried to fix my module or give me a decent reply not to contact my supplier and beg him to get it fixed... If Reeflinks are problematic they should re-call the modules.

I was going to buy new pumps, lights etc... from Ecotech because I always loved the brand but I guess not any more, sorry.

ericscicluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2018, 06:56 PM   #5
jccaclimber
Registered Member

^For some reason my Reeflink doesn't play nice if it is too close to my wireless router, so you might try moving it around.
4/5/6 yellow (no red?) strikes me as an issue between the Reeflink and your home network. Have you tried plugging it in to a wired connection just to see what happens?

My Ecotech support experiences have generally been good, with the exception of an occasional request that seems to have fallen in to thin air (although fortunately not recently), but I agree that sometimes both ESL and the Reeflink are a bit mysterious as to when they will or will not work.

I've never taken mine apart, but is it the same wireless module as in the Vortech drivers? If so it's available as a separate part.

FYI, AI is Ecotech.

jccaclimber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecosmart live, ecotech, reef, reef link, reeflink