Reef Central Online Community
The Filter Guys

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/17/2017, 12:12 PM   #1
five.five-six
Registered Member

Lighting ideas biocube 29

I got a biocube 29, it's in really nice shape and the hood has never been used. I'd like to keep SPS in it but the wife insists on not going topless. She likes the look of the factory lid and it's in the living room so that's a fight I could win... but really don't want to live with the consequences of having won.

Do I have any outs or am I stuck with softies and LPS?

"I hate that hole"

Current Tank Info: Factory equipped Corralife Biocube 29 with cheato, some dead rock and sand 2 percula clowns ACIII PRO
five.five-six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2017, 12:15 PM   #2
soulpatch
Registered Member

rapid LED and STeves LED make retro kits that fit into stock hood and would supply needed light levels for SPS

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Cheapreef
Registered Member

If you search this (Biocube LED Retrofit SB) on Youtube you will find a retrofit for the 29gal. Personally I would use the larger standard black box light in place of the sprite he installs. If you have a Apex you can control the light through that or get a timmer or wifi model. It will easily keep SPS, have a similar light over my Reefer Nano currently for the last 8 months.

Cheapreef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2017, 12:35 PM   #4
CVReefer
Registered Member

The stevesled retrofit I had on my 29g biocube was amazing. Coupled with an ATO and a Jebao doser, it grew sps like they were on steroids and my maxima clam was happy... Well as a clam.

CVReefer is online now   Reply With Quote