Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/23/2017, 08:39 PM   #1
NelsonWells
Registered Member

New guy checking in

I'm new to this forum and slightly new to aquariums in general. I had a biocube 14 6 years ago but sold it just 3 years later. I really enjoyed it but had to leave for work and sadly could not take my cube with me. But here I am today I just purchased a biocube 32 LED with some rock going to add water in a couple of days. Please tell me what you think and I hope to learn a lot from all of you. Thank you

NelsonWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2017, 09:01 PM   #2
Ryan Darilek
Registered Member

Welcome to the forums and back to the hobby man! The Biocube 32 is a great little set up (I have the same). Make sure you do your research for every single step of the way and that can really alleviate learning the hard way. Number one piece of advice is to just take it slow and be patient! I highly recommend getting on YouTube and watching all 6 parts of Reefthuz's 6 week Coralife Biocube Basics (link below). I followed every step during that six weeks and had awesome results and am sure you would too. Always feel free to reach out and ask questions along the way brother. Here's a pic of my BC32 (stock except the lighting):

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ryan Darilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2017, 09:03 PM   #3
ReefWreak
Registered Member

Welcome back to the hobby!

My #1 suggestion would be to keep a greater distance from the rocks to the glass. My corals have been growing too close to the glass, making it hard to clean the glass properly. As boring as it sounds, I'd almost stick with a single rock pile, or maybe do an uneven pile, low to high side to side?

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2017, 06:32 AM   #4
NelsonWells
Registered Member

Thanks for the info I will definitely check out those videos. I'm waiting a few days and trying different aquascapes for a few days before I commit to anything.

NelsonWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2017, 09:46 AM   #5
MreasyC
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefWreak View Post
Welcome back to the hobby!

My #1 suggestion would be to keep a greater distance from the rocks to the glass. My corals have been growing too close to the glass, making it hard to clean the glass properly. As boring as it sounds, I'd almost stick with a single rock pile, or maybe do an uneven pile, low to high side to side?

This is the best advice ever. That extra 2-3 inches will save you a ton of headaches. Including snapping off coral as you clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MreasyC is offline   Reply With Quote