Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/22/2018, 01:50 PM   #1
reefgeezer
Registered Member

Automatic Water Changes with LitreMeter III

OK, so I did some searches, but the info is a little dated. I have a current generation LitreMeter III and two remote pumps I'd like to employ. Is anyone still using this equipment for AWC's? I'd be interested in any experiences, pro's/cons, and etc. Thanks.

Current Tank Info: In-process, 90 Gallon SPS Reef
reefgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2018, 02:10 PM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

I used a Litermeter III and slave pump for AWC’s for a number of years. They are very reliable pumps and work just fine for it. Just be sure to calibrate the pumps every few months and clean the rollers in the head every 6 months or so. It also doesn’t hurt to keep some spare tubing so you can swap the tubing every several months.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/23/2018, 06:59 AM   #3
reefgeezer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I used a Litermeter III and slave pump for AWC’s for a number of years. They are very reliable pumps and work just fine for it. Just be sure to calibrate the pumps every few months and clean the rollers in the head every 6 months or so. It also doesn’t hurt to keep some spare tubing so you can swap the tubing every several months.
Thank you. I have spare tubing. Did you use the water change module of just two properly calibrated pumps?

Unread 10/23/2018, 08:00 AM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

I used the main LM3 brain with built in pump and a 2nd pump module plugged into the LM3 brain. Both of which were calibrated separately.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/23/2018, 09:01 AM   #5
reefgeezer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I used the main LM3 brain with built in pump and a 2nd pump module plugged into the LM3 brain. Both of which were calibrated separately.
Cool. Thanks. Life is really getting in the way lately. I need to get the AWC set up. It appears I have everything I need. Thanks.